PDA

View Full Version : Avg 5300 cfps on clinch tomorrow

Rodonthefly
02-26-2010, 11:02 AM
Think its going to be off or are they just going to cut back to one? If so who all is going?

I'm floating tomorrow if its off or just one.

MadisonBoats
02-26-2010, 11:45 AM
I think that is still 2 generators worth...? Just no sluicing... Not sure though...:confused:

Rodonthefly
02-26-2010, 11:50 AM
They turned the slucing off yesterday, todays avg. out flows are in the 8,000 range which is 2 generators. I may be wrong but I'm thinking they are going to cut it back some.

Where about in Clinton are you? I'm in south Clinton, but grew up between Norris and Halls on Brushy Valley. It seems that I should know you. My name is ROdney Jennings

MadisonBoats
02-26-2010, 12:32 PM
I live along the river in Clinton - close to the walking paths and boardwalk. I grew up on Island Ford Rd. above Massengill Bridge. Went to AC back in the day...

Rodonthefly
02-26-2010, 04:04 PM
Good to meet ya Shawn maybe me you and adam can get together and fish sometime. I was a Mav back in the day as well I graduated in 01.

waterwolf
02-26-2010, 11:47 PM
They turned the slucing off yesterday, todays avg. out flows are in the 8,000 range which is 2 generators. I may be wrong but I'm thinking they are going to cut it back some.

Where about in Clinton are you? I'm in south Clinton, but grew up between Norris and Halls on Brushy Valley. It seems that I should know you. My name is ROdney Jennings
I know you, and you know me.

Tippet
02-27-2010, 08:16 AM
Usually for 1 generator it is in the 3000 range, and 2 is in the 6000 range. I just looked at it an 1 generator from 12-7. I just wonder how much it will actually go down in 7 hours due to the fact it has been wide open for so long.

MadisonBoats
02-27-2010, 12:43 PM
Usually for 1 generator it is in the 3000 range, and 2 is in the 6000 range. I just looked at it an 1 generator from 12-7. I just wonder how much it will actually go down in 7 hours due to the fact it has been wide open for so long.

I surmize that this may be why the flow is still high of the one-generator mark. One thought; seems like TVA might want to draw down the cfs slowly to allow the surrounding water tables to adjust. Otherwise, it could create some fractures in the banks and lead to serious erosion later...

I am looking forward to a few days of 50 degree weather.

Waterwolf,
I hope we can fish together one day or maybe have a brew. You seem very knowledgeable and experienced with the Clinch. It would be great to learn from you and your experiences!:smile:

Rodonthefly
02-28-2010, 07:11 PM
WaterWolf,
Whats you name? I think its Jim Curtis? Am I right?

Anyways, anytime you boys want to fish let me know, I've got an old 16' hyde if there's an open seat, your more then welcome to tag along, but only if your willing to spend time on the oars.

waterwolf
02-28-2010, 11:37 PM
WaterWolf,
Whats you name? I think its Jim Curtis? Am I right?

Anyways, anytime you boys want to fish let me know, I've got an old 16' hyde if there's an open seat, your more then welcome to tag along, but only if your willing to spend time on the oars.
No I am not Jim Curtis, dam don't insult me like that. I don't row.;)

Rodonthefly
03-01-2010, 11:17 AM
I have no clue who you are then Waterwolf? What's your name?

Grannyknot
03-01-2010, 11:27 AM
No I am not Jim Curtis, dam don't insult me like that. I don't row.;)

Whatever happened to Jim Curtis? Is he still around?

waterwolf
03-01-2010, 05:25 PM
Whatever happened to Jim Curtis? Is he still around?
Sure is, saw him today. He is now doing medical supplies, has a kid and doesn't get to fish as much. Amazing how far he has come since the 16 year old kid, I helped along as he was learning to fish, and grew up with in Norris, even though he a few years younger then me.

Waterwolf- means Jim Jordan, an arrogant, mean spirited, river ***hole, who shows no respect to anyone other then himself, those who know me best would agree with my description.:biggrin:

Rodonthefly
03-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Jim Jordan,

How the **** have you been? I guess it was back in the days of teaching that 16 yr old jim Curtis how to fish that I met you, not to mention the weekly trips to the creel. Although I never did fish with you much at all. I remember a day in the wier pool, to where you was killing them. And I couldn't get a **** bite.

Anyways, I was talking to a buddy just yesterday and was wondering what happened to the creel? Where is good ol' Scott these days?

I sent my very first fly rod back to Orvis just last week, of course I don't know if they will make it up or not. I told them my father bought it for me at the creel and they are no longer there. So we'll see what happens, I was wantting to pass it down to my kid.

You still in Norris and do you get out on the Clinch much anymore?

Grannyknot
03-01-2010, 05:48 PM
Sure is, saw him today. He is now doing medical supplies, has a kid and doesn't get to fish as much. Amazing how far he has come since the 16 year old kid, I helped along as he was learning to fish, and grew up with in Norris, even though he a few years younger then me.

Waterwolf- means Jim Jordan, an arrogant, mean spirited, river ***hole, who shows no respect to anyone other then himself, those who know me best would agree with my description.:biggrin:

I got to know him from growing up in Norris as well. He could be mean as a snake, but I always looked up to him somewhat. He was a couple years older than me.

Jim, not sure that I've ever met you, but I know your father through some dealings with the watershed board....he is a good man. I also know Craig Harned very well, who said to call you weasel??

Rodonthefly
03-01-2010, 06:44 PM
yep the weasel i remember that lol! Jim ever wanna float let me know. **** i'll row, I get tired, I'll get out and fish

fourx
03-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Jim Jordan... The meanest, toughest, scrappiest man I've ever met.
I've never seen a finer shot when hunting Canadian geese.
I'm sure Curtis would be so proud to know that Waterwolf told people that Waterwolf taught him to fish (in a public forum).

Sincerely,
4X

Rodonthefly
03-01-2010, 09:04 PM
i can't rememebr what Jim it was for I always got them two mixed up as a kid. But one summer when it was hotter the fourty hells, i ran into one of them at the mouth of hinds creek, trying to snag a carp, Said something about Scott would buy him a six pack of beer if he brought back a 30 pound carp so they could say them sage fly rods are one tough rod? Was the you water wolf?

waterwolf
03-02-2010, 12:03 AM
Both of us at Hinds creek.

Curtis wouldn't care he knows the truth:biggrin:

Rodney, I have never out done anyone on the clinch in my life:biggrin:

Granny, no idea who you are, but sure we have crossed paths over the years.

4x, does your pond still run red with blood from the sky carp carnage?

Carlito
03-02-2010, 11:00 AM
Looks like we've got ourselves an Anderson County thread going here!

Rodonthefly
03-02-2010, 11:37 AM
Carlito, who are you? I'm thinking Carl Hill? Am I right?

Carlito
03-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Bingo! We have a winner :smile:

Rodonthefly
03-02-2010, 12:43 PM
I vote we have a Anderson County High School alumni day this weekend on the Clinch? Whos in?

Grannyknot
03-02-2010, 12:57 PM
I vote we have a Anderson County High School alumni day this weekend on the Clinch? Whos in?

The way the river has been running this winter...shouldn't be a problem.

There are several other AC grads that fly fish but aren't forum members.

Wilson10
03-02-2010, 01:39 PM

I have to work this Saturday!!!!!:mad:

waterwolf
03-02-2010, 05:00 PM
I didn't go to AC high school, so I'm out.

fourx
03-02-2010, 07:24 PM
SoHo bound. Rented a house on some private property down lowww.

4X

Tippet
03-02-2010, 10:09 PM

Not sure thats ever a good idea..... I will probably be on the holston this weekend hitting the smallies, but the clinch will be on the following week if the generators are behaving.

GrouseMan77
03-02-2010, 11:22 PM

I'll bring the corn and worms.