PDA

View Full Version : Clinch Report [2-28-10]

MadisonBoats
03-02-2010, 07:42 PM
Fished the Clinch today for about 3 hours. The fish seemed a little slow to me. I netted about 10.

Also, it looks like the heavy generation has really worked over the river bottom. I noticed quite a bit of slime layer on other areas. I expect the fish will turn on about Friday with a few days of some sunshine...:rolleyes: Maybe...?

Oh, and I fell in too...:redface: I guess I need to get my sea legs back in shape...

ChemEAngler
03-02-2010, 07:50 PM
Glad somebody has been able to hit the Clinch, and at least you caught some fish. Sorry to hear that you took a swim, how was the temp? ;)

I would love to get out there on Friday around noon if possible. However, I just don't know if I will bring myself to it even if the schedule is good. I fully expect it to be an absolute mad house there this weekend. May just suck it up and go fight for a rock....

Scott Spencer
03-02-2010, 11:28 PM
Tough luck, Shawn!! Sorry you got wet but at least you got to fish the Clinch. :)
I fished the Clinch for the first time last August (floated it in my kayak) and had a blast! I hope to get back up there again this summer and have more success.

MadisonBoats
03-02-2010, 11:28 PM
I didn't think the temperature was that bad. However, the cold temps had the fish a little sluggish.

Yeah, I expect Friday and this weekend to a madhouse if the schedules are favorable.

Rodonthefly
03-03-2010, 12:29 PM
Cool deal, about the river bottom? Where about were you on the river? you dont have to disclose your spot or anything, just wondering if it was wier pool, blow weirdam, millers or on down?

Glad you had a good day, what did ya catch'em on?

MadisonBoats
03-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Rodonthefly,
I was all over the river:biggrin:

Midges seemed to be the flavor of the day...

Carlito
03-03-2010, 02:06 PM
Midges seemed to be the flavor of the day...

Big surprise there! ;)

Rodonthefly
03-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Carl, want to join me Sat? Any of you guys for that matter.?

Carlito
03-03-2010, 03:16 PM
Would love to but I'm tied up all day Saturday. Thanks for the invite tho!

ChemEAngler
03-05-2010, 11:31 AM
Getting ready to try my luck on the Clinch. Hope I get there in time to find an open rock or run..... I will post a report later if there is anything significant to report on.

MadisonBoats
03-07-2010, 10:28 AM
I was able to get out on the Clinch for a few hours late Saturday. The fish were timid, but, I did take a few on some red midges.

ChemEAngler
03-07-2010, 02:54 PM
I was able to get out on the Clinch for a few hours late Saturday. The fish were timid, but, I did take a few on some red midges.

Same here Shawn. Red "blood" midge. I will give you a shout in a couple weeks when my schedule is normal again and see if you are game for a Friday afternoon adventure.

MadisonBoats
03-07-2010, 10:45 PM
Sounds good Travis!