PDA

View Full Version : First LR Brown

tjw37909
03-16-2010, 07:53 PM
Today started out looking good. Five casts after hitting LR I had my first brown brown in the park, then I realized I forgot my camera. It was only a 5 incher but really colorful. That gave me hope that I might get ahold of a bigger one before the day was over, but got called to the station after 20 minutes of fishing and couldn't get back in the right mindset for wild fish, so I snagged a couple stockers in Pittman Center. I am going to try LR again tomorrow and hopefully for more than 20 minutes.

Tarheelflyfishing
03-16-2010, 08:04 PM
Congrats!! Smokies browns (let alone all 3 species) are absolutely beautiful fish. Some of my first fish in the Smokies were only 5 or 6" long. It's just an added bonus knowing that they're all wild inside of the park...

GrouseMan77
03-16-2010, 09:18 PM
Nice job. My first brown in the park was almost right in front of the Calhoun House on Hazel Creek. We stayed at #86 (Procter) our first night and I caught about a 7" right at dusk. Best backpacking trip I have ever been on.

tjw37909
03-16-2010, 09:23 PM
I got mine about a mile below the entrance to Elkmont. If the water is lower tomorrow I think I will try a little further downstream.

mspaterick
03-17-2010, 02:33 PM
my first brown was the first trout I ever caught in my life! It was at the end of tremont road just below the parking lot. It was only about six inches long but he gave me a great thrill. I caught him on a parachute adams fly that I tied myself it was one of my first flys that I tied. As luck would have it I lost the fly before I could retire it. oh well.

flyred06
03-17-2010, 03:08 PM
Congrats. As it always goes either you have no camera when needed or no one around to assist you in your efforts. But still great accomplishments and wonderful experiences.