PDA

View Full Version : Hiwassee Today

baldriver
03-30-2010, 10:38 PM
My son and I went to the Hiwassee after school this afternoon. They stopped generating at 4:00 and when the water settled down there was a pretty good hatch, either large caddis or hummingbirds.
These fish are all stockers but still lot's of fun for a couple of hours. My son caught more than I did and it's all I've heard.

flyred06
03-30-2010, 10:59 PM
If anyone is to beat you, isn't it great to be your son. I use to fish up there some but have not been in years. I would like to get back sometime. They might be stockers but they are still fish. Enjoy and congrats on a day out with your son.

oldhickory
03-30-2010, 11:01 PM
Aaawww, I remember the day MY son out fished me! Great time together, father - son.

Knothead
04-05-2010, 10:17 AM
We anticipate the Hiwassee to be really good this year due to a lot of water in the upstream reserviors. Go to www.hiwassee.net (http://www.hiwassee.net) for our Trout Unlimited chapter website. Click on the fishing reports for up-to-date info; also others will post their fishing trips on the regular forum. There is a world of info for the river on the website.