PDA

View Full Version : Clinch: Floating question

Sage
04-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Considering floating between Miller's Island and the Weir. Better to do it with a) no gen, b) 1 gen, c) 2 gen? Don't really want to try it with 2, does not seem like the smartest thing to do. Will be using 14' john boat with small outboard motor. This info is probably on a prior thread, no time to search for it if it is. Thanks for any info posted.

PS: Anyone had any luck on this stretch at night?

Rodonthefly
04-07-2010, 02:18 PM
My imput and I have fished this area a few times this year. I would wait untill they turned the water off. And as the water is falling I would run up to the weir and fish that area as it was falling. Just make sure you are below the shoals that are half way or you may drag right there. I have fished this area many times this year and have done fair.

Not fished it at night but years ago I saw some guys that was pulling out as I was pulling in to fish millers. They said they fished it all night, and when I looked over in their boat, there was 5 of the biggest waleye i have ever seen.

Carlito
04-07-2010, 02:40 PM
I tend to think that if you can catch it when they are running 1 generator that it is optimal for jon boat action.

MadisonBoats
04-08-2010, 10:27 AM
I have fished this area about 5 times this year and it is best coming off of one generator if you can get that window. If you fish it during a mid-down time; it will be pretty slow.

I have fished it late evening for walleye too. But, I did not get any takers on my crazy flies.

Also, this area can get pretty shallow for a motor if you fish it during no generation.