PDA

View Full Version : Coming To LRO In 2 Weeks For Class - Where To Stay?

BudB
04-13-2010, 05:34 PM
We are coming up weekend of April 24/25 for the Saturday Beginner Fly Fishing class. I had hoped to do the Sunday "On The Water" class as well since I'm coming from Spartanburg, SC, but it apparently fills up pretty quickly when the dates are made known. I'm on the waiting list for that class. Anyway, I found out about LRO from Jim Cassada who used to write a column in our local newspaper. I've intended for a long time to start fly fishing, but finally pulled the trigger. I have seen the Places To Stay (in Townsend area) tab on the LRO website, but wondered if anyone could give any "inside" info. It will be my wife and me, and she's most likely headed to P. Forge to shop while I take the class. I'm inclined to see about getting a room at Tally Ho Inn just based on the photos. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Bud Babb

Trip
04-13-2010, 08:54 PM
I always like getting a cabin when I stay up there, but they can be a lot pricier than a hotel room, but when you get in that jacuzzi after a nice relaxing day of fishing it should be worth it.

There is a lot of options for this route.

buckeyetrouter
04-14-2010, 06:52 AM
check out Dock's......it is a nice little place with small cabins avail and is walking distance from LRO if you want to......prices are good also....

bob

adamr
04-14-2010, 09:31 AM
My wife and I stayed at the Tally Ho over New Years for a few nights. We found it to be a pretty decent place to stay. Rooms were large with plenty of sitting room,and most of all clean. Seem like pretty good folks to deal with.

Adam

GrouseMan77
04-14-2010, 12:26 PM
check out Dock's......it is a nice little place with small cabins avail and is walking distance from LRO if you want to......prices are good also....

bob

I have heard a few people say that Dock's is a good place to stay.

BudB
04-14-2010, 02:41 PM
I appreciate everyone's input.