PDA

View Full Version : Finally back on the stream!

birdnerd
04-16-2010, 01:00 AM
Between the year without rain and last year with the birth of my twin boys it fells like it has been 2 years since I have fished in the mountains! Way way way to long!
But this past weekend my family got together and rented a cabin in Wears Valley for the weekend for my 30th. I managed to sneak a line in while picnicking at the unusually empty Metcalf Bottoms Saturday and Sunday. I have never fished there but I can say I will be now! While teaching my 6 year old daughter a little bit Saturday she had several strikes from nice trout and on Sunday I caught the bow in my profile pic! It was just under 13in and my best trout so far! Caught it on a Bead head pheasant tail dropped under a parachute adams. Her is a link to a larger version:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/birdnerd25/4515102541/

I have almost always fished middle prong up past Tremont due to not having a lot of time to fish mostly. I have also only been trout fishing for about 5 years. But I think I will try to hit Metcalf more often (before the stream is overtaken by swimmers/tubers/rock and limb throwers etc of course). That quick trip sure did make my day and weekend!

I am hoping to go back this Saturday morning. Is anyone having good action in the mornings? I know the afternoons have been great.

Thanks

Carlito
04-16-2010, 10:37 AM
Nice fat bow!