PDA

View Full Version : Will it be safe to wade tomorrow??? Worth the trip??

foureyes
04-24-2010, 09:53 PM
Hey everyone, I know this is rather last minute but please chime in with your opinion

I'm looking to drive up and fish the Tellico R. tomorrow morning (Sunday April 25th) but a little concerned about all the rain that we got today and tonight. I'm not real familiar about how this river reacts to 24hrs of off and on thunder showers.

Do you guys think it's still worth driving up there to fish?? Its about a 2hr trip for me each way.

Will it be safe to wade?

Thanks for everyones input

doghaircaddis
04-24-2010, 10:23 PM
I was hoping to drive over tomorrow too, but it's not looking good. That area has had about an inch of precip over the past 24hrs and the forecast is calling for 100% rain through 3AM. Supposed to be windy tomorrow too. My opinion...prob better to save the drive for another day.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/swingbatta/tellico.jpg

buster55
04-24-2010, 10:25 PM
You might call the Green Cove Motel and ask them wha the river looks like. I was planning to go there this weekend, but decided against it after seeing the forecast. I'm in Nashville so it's 4 hours for me. I'm not sure how ast the water drops. I was there one year when a thunderstorm blew in around midnight. THe next day it was up about 2 feet and looked like chocolate milk. I didn't stick around.

That doesn't really answer your question, but it's the best I can do.

Buster

baldriver
04-24-2010, 10:44 PM
It may be okay upstream of the hatchery. It's still a roll of the dice though. I'm planning on going Wednesday.

buster55
04-25-2010, 09:45 PM
Hey Baldriver, with a name like that you must fish the area a lot. I'm planning on going next weekend. I've always had pretty good luck on the Tellico and some on the North, rarely on the Bald. Got any tips? I sure would appreciate it.
Thanks
Buster a/k/a Alan