PDA

View Full Version : Clinch River drain help for today.

DBKSTONE2
04-30-2010, 10:37 AM
The **** pulsed 1 generator for 1 hour between 5-6. If I wanted to fish "the church" at what time will the water get there and when will it go down. I have read the drain report posted by another forum member but I don't know how it will apply with just 1 hour of generation. The report says it takes 5.5 hours to get to the bridge (1000 cfs) and 8.5 hours to drain down to 1000cfs after the cut off.

The report is based on continual generation from the start point but with just a pulse I don't think it will apply. There is roughly 10 miles of river to "absorb" the water displacement of a 1 hour pulse so I need some actual real world advice on this.

thanks in advance!

MadisonBoats
04-30-2010, 10:45 AM
http://www.crctu.com/Drain_Down/clinch_drain.htm

Grannyknot
04-30-2010, 11:03 AM
I am not reccomending it, but I have heard people say that if you know the river bottom & have a safe exit route planned, you can wade through a 1 hour 1 generator pulse at the jail.

Tippet
04-30-2010, 11:09 AM
I fish just above the church on a farm and the river is so low the pulse wont really effect you. Its hard to even notice the pulse right now. Later on when the river is up the pulse will effect you down there. It also will depend on how much they have been generating and how long it has to drain. 4-6 hours depending on how much it has drained.

waterwolf
04-30-2010, 12:55 PM
You will never even notice a one hour pulse. There is no "drain" time. As always though be observant when fishing these tailwaters, never know when they might blast it for several hours instead of one.

ChemEAngler
04-30-2010, 01:27 PM
I fish just above the church on a farm and the river is so low the pulse wont really effect you. Its hard to even notice the pulse right now. Later on when the river is up the pulse will effect you down there. It also will depend on how much they have been generating and how long it has to drain. 4-6 hours depending on how much it has drained.

I agree with Tippet. I fish a couple miles upstream of the church and usually fish thru a 1 hour pulse if the water was off for an extended period prior to it. Actually that is generally when I catch my best fish. Just be sure to know the area well in the event you need to make a quick escape to shore.

Rodonthefly
04-30-2010, 02:09 PM
Call me crazy but I fish threw it at Millers Island :biggrin:. i guess having cut my teeth out there i know where to stand

HOW EVER UNLESS YOU KNOW THE RIVER DON"T DO IT!!

Wilson10
04-30-2010, 02:16 PM
Call me crazy but I fish threw it at Millers Island :biggrin:. i guess having cut my teeth out there i know where to stand

HOW EVER UNLESS YOU KNOW THE RIVER DON"T DO IT!!

I moved your rock to the other side of the island:biggrin: Guess you better find a new place to fish.