PDA

View Full Version : OBX early June

Flying Trout
05-03-2010, 08:45 PM
I'm staying in Nags Head in early June and want to fish some. I have not fished in a while and not posted anything in a really long time. I have never fished saltwater and am wanting to fish near Bodie Island and Oregon Inlet. What are some general fly rod set ups I need and clothing/boots? The area around Bodie has a soft sand bottom in places from what I am reading on that areas message boards but I can not find just general info. It seems from what I am reading that sea trout and flounder are possibly what I will be trying to catch. I would love any tips.

Flying Trout
05-17-2010, 01:22 PM
Does anyone have any info for me?

Kytroutbum
05-18-2010, 06:11 PM
Check my info to hw3 on 2nd page.

Tarheelflyfishing
05-18-2010, 09:00 PM
Inshore fishing for speckled trout and flounder should be great when you're over there. If you have access to a boat, wreck fishing should be pretty good for Amberjack, Cobia, 'Cuda, and Mackerel. Make sure you have some sturdy flats boots. Stingrays, coral, jagged rocks/shells, sea urchins, etc will kill bare feet!!

Flying Trout
05-19-2010, 11:45 AM
Been looking at a forum over there and might possibly rent a kayak. If I do that I can use it throughout the week in the surf and in the inlets while I fish. From what I have been reading I need to go buy some clousers.