PDA

View Full Version : Row Row your Boat

Rodonthefly
05-22-2010, 07:15 PM
Dang seen a couple of you boys on the clinch today, we floated from coldwater down to 61 bridge. Things started off crappy and windy. 11 oclock rolls around and the trout fairy "aka waterwolf" came floating by me and must have sprinkleed corn in my run cause they came alive. I caught fish the rest of the day fishing behind him. LOL That made me feel good, to catch fish behind waterwolf, never would have thought it but I did. 8 fish in 8 cast at one point.

Then i looked down stream and seen the boy shadow casting off the front of his toon. Man done it better then Brad !!!!!

All and all good day on the water but not a great day. Seen Shawn when getting the truck. Thanks for keeping an eye out for my rod guys.

Untill next time.
Rod

psnapp
05-22-2010, 07:22 PM
Rod -- I can verify the shadow caster downstream from us ... I thought it was Jason Borger practicing for a sequel!

Phil

waterwolf
05-22-2010, 10:20 PM
HA!! It was a little sluggish early, but picked up around lunch.

I will say I have not seen Clinch fish that spooky and edgy in years. Don't know what there problem was, maybe it was just my ugly mug.

Rodonthefly
05-22-2010, 10:25 PM
HA!! It was a little sluggish early, but picked up around lunch.

I will say I have not seen Clinch fish that spooky and edgy in years. Don't know what there problem was, maybe it was just my ugly mug.

Naww, had the same problem. man you should have seen the fish I spoked after we was done when I passed ya'll that last time. Every bit of a 24-25" brown. Did you guys turn any good fish today? Or was it the normal 14-16" range? 16" was the biggest i would say we caught today.

waterwolf
05-22-2010, 11:19 PM
Naww, had the same problem. man you should have seen the fish I spoked after we was done when I passed ya'll that last time. Every bit of a 24-25" brown. Did you guys turn any good fish today? Or was it the normal 14-16" range? 16" was the biggest i would say we caught today.
16" was the biggest we caught as well. I consider a 16" fish a good fish, anything 18" or bigger is a big fish, and anything over 24" a monsta.

I saw the same brown you saw, I am assuming, he cruised by and glanced at me like he good eat me. Maybe he could:biggrin:

Rodonthefly
05-22-2010, 11:23 PM
Midges and pts I'm guessing was the key for you all toay as well? You're prob just rusty from being in the woods to long. You fishing tomorrow?

MadisonBoats
05-23-2010, 10:26 AM
Waterwolf was ahead of me...Good thing I didn't catch up to him:biggrin: We pulled in about 30-35 fish. I would say half were on a spinner; my group was fishing their last day in town and were wanting to harvest some fish.

I got one 16" fish on a wooly bugger.

I worked the different sulphur hatches with my dry flies; but, I could not get any of them to take.

Our best rig of the day was an emerger

http://www.umpqua.com/images/PRODUCT/medium/363.jpg

with a split case nymph (yellow) [Dropper]

http://hatchhunters.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/IMGP3202-1024x768.jpg

Waterwolf; what kind of boat do you have so I can give you a shout next time?

Rodonthefly
05-23-2010, 11:40 AM
Those are some nice looking flys Shawn, did you tie those? That split case is the same pattern what's his name ties on the soho isn't it? Midges and pts were the key flys for me and phil, going to be heading out here in a few now that my yard works done. Momma said no fishing till you mow and weedeat. So i put the mowing deck on 1 and gave it a nice close cut. :biggrin:

mstone
05-23-2010, 02:47 PM
Glad some of you had a decent day. The fish were very spooky , one cast, in some cases, was all it took and they were done. The hatch started above the jail around 3:00, but the water coming up at 5:00 didn't help things. i have to say the trout got the better of me this time. May try and float next week.

mstone

psnapp
05-23-2010, 06:20 PM
Fished couple hours this a.m. Water was crystal clear and fish were as spooky as I've seen them -- kinda like fishing for wily old wild trout in a tiny stream. Anyways, no sulphurs around the farm by noon so I packed up and headed home to smoke some ribs! Great way to spend the afternoon!

Phil

waterwolf
05-23-2010, 10:17 PM
Midges and pts I'm guessing was the key for you all toay as well? You're prob just rusty from being in the woods to long. You fishing tomorrow?
Not too rusty, we caught plenty of fish, just not as many as I would have expected this time of year.

Waterwolf; what kind of boat do you have so I can give you a shout next time?

Could be any of 3, 2 different cats, or a Hyde.

MadisonBoats
05-24-2010, 08:48 AM
Rod,
I did not tie that fly. I used that picture from the South Holston Website. It is a great fly and I have copied it for my use.

Waterwolf,
Give me a shout and a wave bud if you recognize my rig. It would be nice to meet you.