PDA

View Full Version : Tellico area

buster55
05-31-2010, 09:28 PM
Any word on the Telloc, North and Blad? I am headed there this coming weekend (the 5th thru the 7th) taking some friends who have never been there and looking forward to showing them around.

Later
Alan

Grumpy
05-31-2010, 10:25 PM
Give me a shout Alan.

Grumpy

psnapp
06-01-2010, 07:51 AM
Grumpy --- have you educated all the little fishes in that ditch again this year?

Phil (Elkman)

rivergal
06-01-2010, 09:58 AM
My favorite place to eat a baloney sandwich is Walnut grove picnic tables on Tellico River. It is shady, and you can usually find a fish there.

psnapp
06-01-2010, 10:01 AM
Walnut Grove is an awesome spot for lunch!

buster55
06-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Thanks Grumpy. I'll stop by and pay you a visit this week at the store.

Tarheelflyfishing
06-01-2010, 05:12 PM
I've fell in love with those 3 rivers. If you want wild fish, the North/Bald are for you. Lots of fish, some of pretty good size. Excellent area to fish. Pretty much the trout mecca of southeast TN in my opinion. They should be fishing very well right now. Good luck!

txbrown
06-05-2010, 10:45 PM
There's no fish in those liitle streams :rolleyes:

buster55
06-08-2010, 11:22 PM
Had a great 4 day weekend, but the fishing was slow at best. Got there at 2:30 Saturday afternoon when a gully washer swelled the streams. No fishing Saturday. Sunday was perfect fishing weather, overcast, cool spitting rain, but the fish werenít' interested. Someone suggested that after the rain with all the bugs washed in the water, they werenít hungry. I think I wasn't holding my mouth quite right. Monday, was a clear blue sky, high pressure and cool. Didnít' fish till late in the day and had numerous strikes on various dry flies, but never hooked up. I did catch some wild rainbows high on the North. Also did a lot of hiking in the Bald River Gorge. Fantastic. As one guy told me last night: I could spend a week up here and not catch a fish, and I wouldn't be disappointed. I couldn't agree more.

Later