PDA

View Full Version : Slideshow from Holiday Weekend Fishing

jeffnles1
06-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Here are some pics from the weekend's fishing. Click on the image to see the slideshow.

Jeff
http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b110/jeffnles1/fishing/th_DSCN0012.jpg (http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b110/jeffnles1/fishing/?action=view&current=deeef853.pbw)

caught 108
06-01-2010, 10:35 PM
You put that together very well Jeff.I enjoy every trip with my boys hunting or fishing thats what memories are made of.Glad you and your son had a good time.:smile:

jeffnles1
06-02-2010, 12:45 AM
We had a great time. Thanks for the kind words. The mountains are very special to us.

Rog 1
06-02-2010, 09:55 AM
Jeff...great photos....I shared many a sandwich with my grandfather at that water pipe on afternoon fishing trips in my younger days....at one time there used to be an old rifle barrel lodged into that spring....now I too have shared that special water with my son who will be graduating next year...will be at Elkmont in a couple of weeks and may have to venture over for a sip of that sping water for old times....thanks

jeffnles1
06-02-2010, 10:40 AM
Jeff...great photos....I shared many a sandwich with my grandfather at that water pipe on afternoon fishing trips in my younger days....at one time there used to be an old rifle barrel lodged into that spring....now I too have shared that special water with my son who will be graduating next year...will be at Elkmont in a couple of weeks and may have to venture over for a sip of that sping water for old times....thanks

Rog,
That is the best tasting water in the world (well, that and a similar spring in Idaho right outside of West Yellowstone). Whenever Daniel and I go fishing in the mountains, we stop by and fill up a couple water bottles or a big jug to keep us hydrated through the day. Like you, we've had a lot of PB&J sandwiches in that little pull off.

I've heard about the old rifle barrel but that was gone before we found the water.

My definition of a perfect day is to get a good drink of that water, spend the morning fishing with my son, and eating a PB&J washed down by another big swig of water from that spring. It just doesn't get any better than that.

I'm glad most people who drive up to Cade's Cove have no idea that area exists.:smile:
Jeff