PDA

View Full Version : floating the clinch

fishingman62
06-05-2010, 12:06 AM
with the caney fishing poorly this year we have spent more days on the clinch ...we have put in at peach orchard and just fished to the first set of shoals...... we would like to go down river but not as far as the church..... where is this cold water farms i have seen posted... is it a private ramp.... if so how would i go about getting prmission to put in or take out there....if this is somthng you local clinch guys don't want to post feel free to send me an email.... fishingman62@hotmail.com.....thaxs in advance for any help
dan

Rockyraccoon
06-05-2010, 06:10 AM
Nope, No ramp at Coldwater.

waterwolf
06-05-2010, 07:46 AM
There is no take out other then 61 bridge. I don't know what you are floating in, but if it is a drift boat then I would not suffer the beating right now floating below the shoals with the water off. They are turning the water off at 6pm every night and by the next day the water is ultra low, fish amazingly spooky, and a drift boat will take a pounding.

MadisonBoats
06-05-2010, 11:41 AM
... I don't know what you are floating in, but if it is a drift boat then I would not suffer the beating right now floating below the shoals with the water off. They are turning the water off at 6pm every night and by the next day the water is ultra low, fish amazingly spooky, and a drift boat will take a pounding.

Agreed! If you can get in ahead of a morning pulse; you can float it pretty comfortable. Look in to drifting from the Miller's Island Ramp to Peach Orchard if you with a pulse or on the back end...Otherwise; this is just as bad for shallow water on the upper end.

waterwolf
06-05-2010, 11:10 PM
Agreed! If you can get in ahead of a morning pulse; you can float it pretty comfortable. Look in to drifting from the Miller's Island Ramp to Peach Orchard if you with a pulse or on the back end...Otherwise; this is just as bad for shallow water on the upper end.
Maybe a little worse, especially if you add the crowds to weed through at Millers, and the nasty fish trap nightmares.

I used to take my boat down the clinch with it off, and sometimes still do, but it is vicious. Just peach orchard shoals alone takes hunks of glass out at every chance it gets. However, once you get below PO it is pretty easy going until Coldwater, then it gets nasty again. The fishing can make up for the beating.

AS madison said, the float from Millers to PO, is a good safe bet, especially if you jump in about an hour after they shut the water off, it will dropped out pretty good, but still enough to get down the river without many hits.

Rodonthefly
06-06-2010, 10:51 AM
Floating the clinch has sure taken it's toll on the bottom of my boat. The shoals below peach are rough as the other guys have mentioned, but not as bad as cold water, I hope my boat holds up for the next two days, maybe i can get lucky and ride a wave down.

MadisonBoats
06-06-2010, 11:19 AM
My little boat does very well in the lowest of the low on the river. Unless I am going upstream at the church.

I launch it at Miller's Island all the time in about 2-3 inches of water and take off with no problem. Now, I would not head down stream in that situation; otherwise, I may take out a few fisherman on the way...

Johnson Shoals below Peach Orchard is notorious for boat crashes. I have probably found about 30-40 fishing spinners, one spare reel, and numerous boat parts. It gives me trouble when the water is completely down and I have three people in my boat + plus, another boat is camped out in the middle. If they do not let me come through; I have to go around the side and I have to usually get out and walk the boat through the shoals.

The large shoal at cwf never gives me a problem. I have never hit; I always hit the right-side seam about 15' from the bank. Never go down the middle....

fishingman62
06-06-2010, 04:51 PM
thaxs guys appreciate the info sounds like it would pretty rough on low water in bills drift boat...but sounds like i could use my canoe....just brought back a trolling motor from up home for easier trip back up river ....how far down from johnson schoals is cold water farm.... may have to try it wed
dan

waterwolf
06-06-2010, 10:56 PM
Spent my whole life on the Clinch and never heard Peach Orchard Shoals called Johnson shoals. It must be a local thing along with the green stoneflies.

I would pay money to see a boat with a person other then a kayak move through 2-3 inches of water, and I am not sure a kayak could do it. Anyone want to wager $100 on the challenge....

Rodonthefly
06-06-2010, 11:45 PM
I have rowed my boat all up and down the river, never had a problems below peach orchard, how ever around cold water I have.

mcfly
06-07-2010, 02:06 AM
Spent my whole life on the Clinch and never heard Peach Orchard Shoals called Johnson shoals. It must be a local thing along with the green stoneflies.

I would pay money to see a boat with a person other then a kayak move through 2-3 inches of water, and I am not sure a kayak could do it. Anyone want to wager $100 on the challenge....

As long as you weight less than 200 lbs, these will float in 3 inches of water.

http://www.kofflerboats.com/white_water_prams.html#

Where's my $100?

waterwolf
06-07-2010, 06:52 AM
As long as you weight less than 200 lbs, these will float in 3 inches of water.

http://www.kofflerboats.com/white_water_prams.html#

Where's my $100?
As I said I would like to see it or any other boat with a person in it float through 2 inches of water.

Rockyraccoon
06-07-2010, 09:19 AM

I'm your huckleberry.

Are we talking about the shoal just downstream of PO? Nine times out of ten I can get through it without having to shopping cart it. IT does require one short slide over, which if you don't hit it just right....will stop your boat and force you out. But if you hit it right you just slide right through.

I don't seem to have a problem anywhere on the Clinch......except, You knew there was an except coming, right? Except the final mile. Of course it's only a problem when waders are fishing the deeper runs, but that is often anymore. If People are wading and refuse to wave you through....that final mile can be rough for sure.

I rarely float the upper river anymore, but when I do....I make sure I either have water under me, or my clients have waders. Overall I agree with Wolf that it's usually too busy up there to be much of an enjoyable float until you get away from the crowds.

waterwolf
06-07-2010, 09:34 AM
I'm your huckleberry.

Are we talking about the shoal just downstream of PO? Nine times out of ten I can get through it without having to shopping cart it. IT does require one short slide over, which if you don't hit it just right....will stop your boat and force you out. But if you hit it right you just slide right through.

I don't seem to have a problem anywhere on the Clinch......except, You knew there was an except coming, right? Except the final mile. Of course it's only a problem when waders are fishing the deeper runs, but that is often anymore. If People are wading and refuse to wave you through....that final mile can be rough for sure.

I rarely float the upper river anymore, but when I do....I make sure I either have water under me, or my clients have waders. Overall I agree with Wolf that it's usually too busy up there to be much of an enjoyable float until you get away from the crowds.
I agree with everything you say, I can make it through PO with one short slide in the middle. However, as you know one missed oar stroke or something along those lines and you can take a serious shot. Coldwater is pretty easy, the bigger ledge at the bottom is straightforward, but again if you miss the mark it has a serious bite to it. Other then those couple of places you can make it through pretty much unscathed. I have seen PO when you really had no choice but to drag the boat through it, and yesterday with 3 of us in the boat I had to put 2 out and just I rowed through it, so I didn't draw as much water.

The last bit from Lewellen down is nasty, and I pretty much won't put myself in position to deal with it on low water. I really hate to effect other peoples wading if possible, so I usually won't go through there unless there is water and no waders.

Rocky, you want to be my huckleberry on the 2" of water challenge? I am not saying Peach orchard shoals keep in mind, it can be 2" of water anywhere, and I stand by that no craft other then maybe a kayak or canoe style can navigate float through 2" of water with one person in it. I would love to see the boat that can, and thus the reason for me throwing down the gauntlet :biggrin:

Rockyraccoon
06-07-2010, 10:21 AM
Rocky, you want to be my huckleberry on the 2" of water challenge? I am not saying Peach orchard shoals keep in mind, it can be 2" of water anywhere, and I stand by that no craft other then maybe a kayak or canoe style can navigate float through 2" of water with one person in it. I would love to see the boat that can, and thus the reason for me throwing down the gauntlet :biggrin:

OK...I misunderstood, I was thinking.....

"Hmmm, make it through PO without getting out of the boat on low water.....Make $100".

:biggrin:

I know there are places I take my boat on less than 3" for sure.....but all are fast water where you can surf a loaded boat. Flat water can be hard with less than 5" of water for sure.

I suppose at this time I should respectfully retract my offer of huckleberrism until a time of more rock solid fast water, skinnies that I can leave my gel coat on. ;)

Oh well....Time for pick up on the Hiwassee. Been seeing some early Iso's mixing with the late afternoon sulphurs and olives.

MadisonBoats
06-07-2010, 10:34 AM

It is amazing the things one misses when they live a closed minded life....:rolleyes:

You can float a boat in 1/2" of water if the displacement is dispersed correctly. This issue gets pretty complicated; but, it is one I have many years experience in. Basically, the wider-flatter a boat is; the less displacement it has---generalizing...Then, consider the load distribution....

waterwolf
06-07-2010, 12:44 PM
OK...I misunderstood, I was thinking.....

"Hmmm, make it through PO without getting out of the boat on low water.....Make $100".

:biggrin:

I know there are places I take my boat on less than 3" for sure.....but all are fast water where you can surf a loaded boat. Flat water can be hard with less than 5" of water for sure.

I suppose at this time I should respectfully retract my offer of huckleberrism until a time of more rock solid fast water, skinnies that I can leave my gel coat on. ;)

Oh well....Time for pick up on the Hiwassee. Been seeing some early Iso's mixing with the late afternoon sulphurs and olives.

I bet you thought you had me, haha. You should no better then that. :biggrin:

I don't know an exact depth I can slip through in my boat with just me in it, but I feel pretty comfortable with saying 4-5" of water is all I would need, but it may be more. I know sitting empty, with no one in it, it appears to draw about 3" and maybe a little more. I can't think of anything which rides higher then a drift boat, no matter which mfg. I have seen rafts which folks said drew little water, well compared to a battleship that would be correct.

Whack em' good if you are out today.

It is amazing the things one misses when they live a closed minded life....:rolleyes:

You can float a boat in 1/2" of water if the displacement is dispersed correctly. This issue gets pretty complicated; but, it is one I have many years experience in. Basically, the wider-flatter a boat is; the less displacement it has---generalizing...Then, consider the load distribution....

No kidding on the latter, hence the entire reason drift boats are ultra wide with load distribution spread out. The boat you float in is not designed the same, and the picture in your profile shows it sitting empty drawing more then what you claim to "run" through.

You call it closed minded, I call it educated reasoning. Like I said, lay $100 bill on it, the river is off the all them time, and I say you can't run it through 2" of water as you originally claimed. Big difference in running and bulldozing across gravel BTW.

fishingman62
06-07-2010, 02:25 PM
hey wolf i was just asumming the first set of shoals below peach orchard was called johnson......because thats where we were told to drift down to the first time we launched out of peach orchard...if they have another name i have no clue what they are called
dan

MadisonBoats
06-07-2010, 02:47 PM
hey wolf i was just asumming the first set of shoals below peach orchard was called johnson......because thats where we were told to drift down to the first time we launched out of peach orchard...if they have another name i have no clue what they are called
dan

I think he was referring to me fishingman62...:biggrin:

waterwolf
06-07-2010, 03:28 PM
dan
I just always heard it called Peach Orchard shoals.
I think he was referring to me fishingman62...:biggrin:
I hadn't ever heard it called that before, why Johnson's? Why not tallywhacker shoals? :biggrin:

MadisonBoats
06-07-2010, 08:11 PM
I just always heard it called Peach Orchard shoals.

I hadn't ever heard it called that before, why Johnson's? Why not tallywhacker shoals? :biggrin:

Maybe it has to do with the old Johnson Ferry that was located there and the Johnson Farm...

Here is another; did you know this?

Another landmark of importance in Anderson County is the Clinch River which was called "Pellisipi" by the Indians. The story is told that a group of early explorers, which included one Irishman, was fording the river by wading. Each man clasped the hand of the man in front of him and the hand of the man following so as to form a chain that would lend the most aid to the man in the swiftest part of the stream. On this occasion, the Irishman's hand slipped as he reached the swift portion. As he felt himself in danger of being swept downstream, he became quite excited and yelled, "Clinch me! Clinch me!" Thereafter, the beautiful Pellisipi has been called the Clinch River.

I always heard this story and that Pellisipi was too hard to spell for the locals...

Rodonthefly
06-07-2010, 08:32 PM
Well, I did the lower half today from my redneck boat ramp down to 61, the last mile sucks, But I had some pretty cool customers that didn't mind getting out to help.

How ever tomorrow, I think I'm going to go from peach orchard, johnson shoals, tallywacker shoals, ding dong run what ever you want to call it down to the redneck boat ramp. Never had a problem with them there shoals, but who knows when trouble will strike, if you see a beat up hyde needing a hand its me.

I'll pack extra bubble gum incase I put a hole in her.

MadisonBoats
06-07-2010, 08:43 PM
How ever tomorrow, I think I'm going to go from peach orchard, johnson shoals, tallywacker shoals, ding dong run what ever you want to call it down to the redneck boat ramp.

I will be out there tomorrow Rod. I cannot do a drift; but, I think I will be coming up from 61 to your redneck ramp. Pushing a 400# boat upstream for a mile is fun; but, I need the exercise and the fishing is well worth it. I wish I had my own redneck ramp:smile:. Got me a camera today too... I still look for your rod bud... If I find it; it will get back to you...

Later on...

waterwolf
06-07-2010, 10:46 PM
Maybe it has to do with the old Johnson Ferry that was located there and the Johnson Farm...

Here is another; did you know this?

I always heard this story and that Pellisipi was too hard to spell for the locals...
Never heard either of those things, but that doesn't mean much in reality.

What about the 2" of water deal? You game? I want to see your boat do as you claim, I will humbly eat crow and hand you $100.

MadisonBoats
06-08-2010, 10:51 AM
Never heard either of those things, but that doesn't mean much in reality.

What about the 2" of water deal? You game? I want to see your boat do as you claim, I will humbly eat crow and hand you $100.

I really do not care either way...I will be on the river today if you want to meet up....:cool:

waterwolf
06-08-2010, 02:24 PM
I really do not care either way...I will be on the river today if you want to meet up....:cool:
You keep making all these claims; boat which only draws 2" of water, green stoneflies, shadow casting etc etc etc. I just want to see some of these things which you claim, in action. I nor anyone else I know, which is quite a few, have never seen any boat navigate through 2" of water, and really none that even came close. So we are anxious to find a craft which basically hovers rather then floats. We have also never seen green stoneflies on the river, never seen nymphs, and none of the folks who have done benthic surveys on the river have any record of them either going back 30 years to present day. In addition, the shadow casting claims, I and many others who have been around for a while have never seen anyone attempt the technique on the river, and certainly never seen anyone catch fish while doing it, other then maybe in the movies. Of course, I did see Tom Cruise hold on to a speeding locomotive in Mission Imposssible, and Bruce Willis did jump onto a F-16, so maybe everything which happens in the movies is real.

You write about some pretty amazing things, and there are many out there who would love to witness these first time events. Please let us know where we can come watch all of them unfold. Personally I just want to see that V-hull john boat navigate in 2" of water, heck I would like to just see it float in 2" of water, empty, and not touch the bottom. That would be a feat in and of itself. Let me know, I am only a stones throw from the river.

No Hackle
06-08-2010, 04:02 PM
Hey guys I've really enjoyed both of your insight on alot of matters. Some have really challenged me to think in a different frame of mind. It's made me a better fisherman to think outside the box. Why don't you guys exchange e-mails and have these conversations privately. I value the insight that you share freely, But please have your pissing match somewhere else.
Lynn

tn hound
06-08-2010, 08:19 PM
please don't take it to e-mail. (no offense to you No Hackle)
I just got a bag of popcorn and I'm learning some things along the way
plus it's good for business, I just stopped by to check it out for the 3rd or 4th time today and now I'm gonna go over to the online store and buy some tippet.

MadisonBoats
06-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Waterwolf,
I have asked for your email and contact information numerous times. I will meet you tomorrow on the river or any place of your choice. I am the one who has my name and email in my signature. You hide like the coward you are and you can ask anyone that knows me; I back up what I speak of...

Personally, I would rather just meet up with you to get some issues behind us; but, I know you would never do it. I know of your reputation with TU and most of the fisherman on the Clinch. You are sour apples and an apathetic person that just likes to post on this message board to feel like you know more than others or to just power trip.

steamnsteel
06-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Well.....I have been reading this and feel that I have to reply. Yes, you can float yer boat in 2 inches of water on the clinch. Line it up for the shoals and shoot the rocks and scrape the gravel bars sometimes, my brother and i have done it a few times.:biggrin:

Peach Orchard July 4th, I'll bring the boxing gloves and my bet is on madison

MadisonBoats
06-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Well.....I have been reading this and feel that I have to reply. Yes, you can float yer boat in 2 inches of water on the clinch. Line it up for the shoals and shoot the rocks and scrape the gravel bars sometimes, my brother and i have done it a few times.:biggrin:

Peach Orchard July 4th, I'll bring the boxing gloves and my bet is on madison

I think we should plan this all out and see if Waterwolf or Jim Jordan actually shows up...I can guarantee you I will give you all a good show...July 4th works for me...

GrouseMan77
06-08-2010, 09:05 PM
Very entertaining ladies. :p

A fine example of why I prefer the mountain streams over the tail waters. I will be fishing all day tomorrow and the only lip will be from the fish. :smile:

Someone tape the title bout for me. :biggrin:

MadisonBoats
06-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Very entertaining ladies. :p

A fine example of why I prefer the mountain streams over the tail waters. I will be fishing all day tomorrow and the only lip will be from the fish. :smile:

Someone tape the title bout for me. :biggrin:

I apologize for the tone of my posts. It seems that I was called out and I just want to settle things and get them behind us...I try to inform others and I offer my struggles to help protect people on the river. I hope to meet friends and to learn more about our sport. I am not a professional; nor do I profess to be...I am a perpetual student of the game and I enjoy trying new things and learning new techniques. I have offered my boat and tried to be a good steward of the sport to others. However; I am at my wits end with Waterwolf and I want to get this behind me. I am sorry to give the forum a negative tone in my post; but, it is something that needs to be done. I hope you guys can understand when I do what needs to be done...

steamnsteel
06-08-2010, 10:11 PM
No need for an apology here madison, I felt the same as far as you being called out. All of this has been quiet amusing read. Now back to fishing:biggrin:

mstone
06-08-2010, 10:41 PM
I,m sorry, but this is a hoot. I guess it was the mental pic of the hovercraft thru the shoals (name of your choice) and everything. Hope you guys are still seeing some sulphurs up there between jabs.

mstone

old east tn boy
06-08-2010, 10:56 PM
I have a NativeCraft Tegris 12 hybrid canoe kayak. I weigh 185 pounds, the boat weighs 37 pounds. I cannot float it in 2 inches of water with me in it. I am not saying another boat of any design cannot float in 2 inches of water, only that mine cannot.

MadisonBoats
06-08-2010, 11:03 PM
please don't take it to e-mail. (no offense to you No Hackle)
I just got a bag of popcorn and I'm learning some things along the way
plus it's good for business, I just stopped by to check it out for the 3rd or 4th time today and now I'm gonna go over to the online store and buy some tippet.

You are silly, but; I would be the same way brother...:biggrin:

You want to see something funny...? Look at this...;)

http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=3&pictureid=453

Wilson10
06-08-2010, 11:22 PM
http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=3&pictureid=453

HAHA:biggrin:

waterwolf
06-08-2010, 11:33 PM
Waterwolf,
I have asked for your email and contact information numerous times. I will meet you tomorrow on the river or any place of your choice. You better show up or I will break both of your legs or your arms if I can find you... I am the one who has my name and email in my signature. You hide like the coward you are and you can ask anyone that knows me; I back up what I speak of...

Personally, I would rather just meet up with you to get some issues behind us; but, I know you would never do it. I know of your reputation with TU and most of the fisherman on the Clinch. You are sour apples and an apathetic person that just likes to post on this message board to feel like you know more than others or to just power trip.

Here is my address if you want to come over...
102 Woodmont Circle
Clinton, TN 37716

You can bring all your friends too... I don't care... Makes for better odds for me...

You know making threats is serious business. I just asked you a few tough questions and you resort to threats. Good thing I am level headed and not inclined to go off the deep end, because in reality that could be taken pretty serious.

Let me start by saying I have no issues with you, I know you and we have many pleasant chats on the river over the years. However, some of the stuff you post here is just extremely far fetched, and that is not just my opinion. I am sure it is all posted with good intentions, and you certainly seem to wish to help others out. But here lately every other thing is seems to be completely over the top. I am sure you are a fine angler, and catch plenty of fish. I am also sure you have plenty to offer, and plenty of folks who respect you without all of this nonsense. I mean... really, shadow casting? Green Stoneflies? Trust me when I say no one will feel any different about your river prowess without the above examples. I find your willingness to share and try new patterns refreshing, seeing how I basically fish a handful of the same old flies year in and year out. No issues there, and you always seem to enjoy your time on the river and enjoy sharing it with folks. Leave it at that.

I am sorry but my I just do not believe a handful of the things you have posted, and am sorry for "calling them out", but couldn't help myself. It wouldn't matter if it was oldschool who I have known since I was in diapers basically, posting something I felt was false, I would call it out. And would expect anyone to do the same to me, if I stated something which seemed odd. Like I said it is nothing personal with you, just felt there was something off with a couple of your claims. If I posted tomorrow that I had caught an Artic Grayling at 61 bride, but my camera was at home. I would certainly hope someone would call me out, and be guaranteed I will call someone out if they post something like that. Guess the bottom line is, that after a decade of listening to all sorts of wild tales while sitting at the Creel, my tolerance got destroyed and I am overly sensitive to things which seem impossible.

Now to address the personal lashings directed at me. I really don't know what you speak of concerning TU. I started going to TU when I was a wee little tot, then along with my father and a few others founded the Clinch River Chapter. I vacated the organization when they changed course and began to support LUCRO and oppose any special regs on the Clinch. I then shifted to the Knoxville Chapter and always had a great time drinking beer, giving presentations, and hanging out at the Elk's Lodge once a month. I quit going in 2004 for no real reason other then just being burned out I guess from helping run several banquets, acid depostion, fish rearing, electroshocking, brook trout restoration, etc etc etc. So you speak of my dealings with TU as some sort of jaded past, well I don't really know where that would come from.

As far as river issues. I thought about the confrontations I have had over the last 10 years and can think of 2. One was with Chris Ralston whose dad Cal owns CR outfitters, I was a little overboard with my reaction, and it got ugly. However, we ( I think) have mended fences and are always pleasant on the river when we see each other. Chris and his dad are nice folks and always courteous and polite when we cross paths. The other was with a gentleman from Nashville who 4 or 5 years ago ran over my fly line with a trolling motor, needless to say I didn't react very well.

Other then those 2 incidents, there has not been a single case where I have had a confrontation on the river. Not one, I usually just drift by or quietly wade by either waving as I go, or a general "How's it going" if I am close enough. Most of the time I am out I don't see many folks, and if I do they are not even within ear shot or I have known them for years and we end of fishing together.

Again, I fail to understand where you draw your information from, but am all ears if you wish to elaborate. Maybe Rodney thought I was a jerk a couple of weeks ago when I floated by him, and we spoke. Somehow I doubt it, since we were laughing about some stuff. Or maybe it is Rocky since we usually just wave as we pass, and each goes our separate ways. Somehow I doubt that as well.

The people who do know me would strongly disagree with your sentiments, and trust me there are plenty of them out there, as well as who are members here. I am usually upbeat and happy on the river, and am ALWAYS courteous and polite to those who I cross paths with.

I have been fortunate, and was born with the ability to do two things well. Catch things and kill things, the rest is a wash. I have spent decades on the Clinch and have a unique understanding of how it works, and how to be successful on it, day in...day out. No matter what the circumstances are on any particular day, that is just a fact, as arrogant as it might sound. The same can be said for river smallmouth, and the trout who occupy the Holston. Although there are days that the smallmouth make me scratch my head in wonder.

What drives me nuts is seeing bad advice being passed on to folks who are just looking to have some success. I just can't handle seeing someone led down a road which is bumpy at best.

If it makes you feel better to threaten me or others then go for it, rest assured I am not sweating it.

Now if you want to bury the hatchet then the best way is for us to try a morning on the river together one day next week. I am busy as the world the rest of this week, but should have some time next week. I can guarantee you, that any preconceived notions you have about me are completely false, and you would be utterly stunned at what I am like despite what opinions you formed here.

Save your threats though, and if you really want to have a scrap, then let me know so I can bring my boots instead of flip flops:biggrin:

MadisonBoats
06-08-2010, 11:53 PM
Save your threats though, and if you really want to have a scrap, then let me know so I can bring my boots instead of flip flops:biggrin:

I am not threatening you; just giving you a heads up. I am on the river more than you and you know my boat. Give me a shout and we can talk about this in person. I will drive out to your house or make any considerations to suite your needs to chat about my claims of fishing.....:biggrin: I do think you should include your name or your email address in your signature if you want to be a respectful man.

Rockyraccoon
06-09-2010, 12:03 AM

So typical of the drift boat captain! Sandals, Flip flops, or just down right barefoot.;)

I bet my flip flop tan lines can wipe the floor with yours.....****, make it ANYBODIES! :biggrin:

Instead of a brawl, I'm suggesting a row off. We can use my boat so there's no home court advantage. You guys can take turns rowing my big *** down the river. I'll fish and judge, then decide a winner at the end of the day. Oh yea, a tasty lunch will go a long way for either of you! :biggrin:

MadisonBoats
06-09-2010, 12:17 AM
So typical of the drift boat captain! Sandals, Flip flops, or just down right barefoot.;)

I bet my flip flop tan lines can wipe the floor with yours.....****, make it ANYBODIES! :biggrin:

Instead of a brawl, I'm suggesting a row off. We can use my boat so there's no home court advantage. You guys can take turns rowing my big *** down the river. I'll fish and judge, then decide a winner at the end of the day. Oh yea, a tasty lunch will go a long way for either of you! :biggrin:

Very crafty Rocky.....I tried this with my nephew and he never bit... This topic is rolling on the message boards because Waterwolf is being called out. He called me out and I have offered my NAME, EMAIL, HOME ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER, etc...Jim is a big coward and we all know it....I will show up any time and take pictures for the website in any of his challenges.

tn hound
06-09-2010, 07:46 AM
Madison
a reasonable man would accept the fishing offer, not continue threats of violence, you can get your point across with words and proof of your claims rather than your fists. Suprisingly, Waterwolf has handled this situation with more class and control, calling someone out for outragious claims is different than calling someone out to meet and rumble at high noon and threats of broken bones. Threats are serious, whether you can back it up or not.
It's educational to disagree, it forces us to see things from a different perspective and makes us more knowledgable in the long run, whether we are right or wrong.
If you meet him to fish, air your grievances, listen to his, forgive, and agree to disagree, you both will learn something and probably laugh.
There are people on here who don't like Waterwolf and probably some that don't like you, your willingness to help and learn is being overshadowed by being an internet tough guy,and by being that, you lose the respect you crave on here. I don't think Waterwolf gives a **** what people on here think, I think you do.
Beating up Waterwolf would just make you a bully(he ain't very big), meeting him and fishing with an open mind and working out your differences would make you a man.

personally, whatever happens, I hope you both keep challenging each other(with words) on this board.
Carry on

GrouseMan77
06-09-2010, 07:56 AM
One more thought on this... I believe that the "PM" function of this board was removed due to threats of physical violence.

I would hate to see LR decide to cease the operation of this board because they were tired of dealing with this kind of crap.

I like posting on here, please try not to screw it up.

Out the door, fish to be caught.

Green Weenie
06-09-2010, 08:41 AM
So, let me get this straight..........you can FLOAT the Clinch?

MadisonBoats
06-09-2010, 01:04 PM
Madison
a reasonable man would accept the fishing offer, not continue threats of violence, you can get your point across with words and proof of your claims rather than your fists. ..............

It's educational to disagree, it forces us to see things from a different perspective and makes us more knowledgable in the long run, whether we are right or wrong. ..............
Carry on

Very well put TN HOUND. I removed my rants from my previous posts. I did take things a little too far and I apologize to the good people on this board and to the proprietors of this website. I enjoy meeting and sharing information with others and I do not want to put this medium at risk with my postings. I am sure Jim Jordan and I will meet on the river and we can hash our differences out in private. It is odd that I have not met him yet on the river. I do think that a man must stand behind his actions. I don't understand why anyone would want to be so negative and confrontational on this message board.:rolleyes:

mikebone
06-10-2010, 10:04 AM
In the words of everyone's favorite crack head, Rodney King, "can't we just all get along?". I think it's safe to say very few people alive have floated the Clinch more than me. I have done it in canoes, 6 different driftboats, 8 rafts, 1 cataraft, float tubes, and one big *** piece of styrafoam. Sometimes I made it through clean, most times not. It depends on the day. It's safe to say if you float the Clinch on low water you WILL hit something! I currently row a Clackacraft with a big sticker on the back that states "Fear no Rock"..I make them prove it! :) Pick your day, pick your water and you'll be just fine. If you do it a lot..learn to repair fiberglass. As far as fights on the river, well, I've seen a few. And while entertaining, it's not very gentlemanly, and it spooks the fish. PS..those Wal-Mart air beds float higher than anything until your dog sticks a toenail through it! Ask me how I know that? Take it easy fellas. You're both good guys..settle it over a beer. Just my 2 cents...Mike.

fourx
06-10-2010, 10:52 AM
We were floating the Clinch this weekend when this happened!
Obviously we didn't have enough speed up. This was around "brokeback" shoals.
4Xhttp://farm5.static.flickr.com/4011/4522292966_96db56332a.jpg

Rodonthefly
06-10-2010, 10:56 AM
Yeah, well as i know you both and have seen you both on the river, who really gives a rats butt, on who fshes which way or who can navigate the give better or who's boat floats higher. Enjoy the river how you enjoy the river. let comments go in one ear and out ther other but listen as they threw your head. You might learn something!!!!!! As far as one that has grown up in the Clinch let's hold off on the vilolence!

waterwolf
06-10-2010, 12:49 PM
We were floating the Clinch this weekend when this happened!
Obviously we didn't have enough speed up. This was around "brokeback" shoals.
4Xhttp://farm5.static.flickr.com/4011/4522292966_96db56332a.jpg
I always knew brokeback shoals was your favorite place on the river. All those years you denied it, but now finally have decided to come out of the closet. :biggrin:

Paula Begley
06-10-2010, 12:53 PM
Everyone needs to learn to behave. Please. Thank you. Sheesh.

Paula

DBKSTONE2
06-10-2010, 02:26 PM
Everyone needs to learn to behave. Please. Thank you. Sheesh.

Paula

NOW YOU'VE DONE IT !!!!! Sounds like a few of you are going to wind up in the principal's office.:biggrin:

Paula is right. You need to play nice or take your ball home. LRO has been wonderful to provide us a place to chat and I would hate to see them BAN any of the members for being "boys".

Peace Brothers!

fourx
06-10-2010, 07:12 PM
I always knew brokeback shoals was your favorite place on the river. All those years you denied it, but now finally have decided to come out of the closet. :biggrin:
Thanks Mr. Troublemaker!
As a matter of fact I like hunting on brokeback mountain too! It can get cold!

Hah, Hah, Paula's mad at you and so is Bone!

4XXX

waterwolf
06-10-2010, 10:23 PM
Thanks Mr. Troublemaker!
As a matter of fact I like hunting on brokeback mountain too! It can get cold!

Hah, Hah, Paula's mad at you and so is Bone!

4XXX
Paula is always mad at me and for good reason more times then not.:biggrin: Bone isn't mad we had a nice chat this afternoon and laughed a bunch as usual. As long as Mike and I have been good friends and employer/employee, we have not ever had one argument or heated conversation. If I could just get him to leave MY fish alone then all would be right in the world. :biggrin:

Paula Begley
06-11-2010, 09:50 AM
I'm never mad, but I am sometimes disappointed.

Paula