PDA

View Full Version : New Guy

Bubbatn
06-05-2010, 11:23 PM
Hey guys, Another "newb" here. I am just starting to get into the fly fishing world as of a few weeks ago. I had always kinda wanted to try fly fishing, and I went camping with a buddy and his boss and his boss happened to bring a couple of his outfits with him. While we were on the boat, I got to use his for about an hour and managed to get about 1/2 dozen bluegill in the boat on my first time with a fly rod. I really enjoyed it and it has got me wanting my own outfit. Anyways, Thats my intro and look forward to chatting and hopefully learning a few things from you guys.

Jim Casada
06-06-2010, 06:17 PM
Bubbatn--The heartiest of welcomes, and you'll find you've opened a door to a glorious new world. I think you'll also discover that there's plenty on this forum which is interesting and informative.
Jim Casada
www.jimcasadaoutdoors.com (http://www.jimcasadaoutdoors.com)

bigpopper
06-06-2010, 09:17 PM
Welcome Bubbatn!
This a great place to gather some of the best info on flyfishing here in TN and meet great peole too. Just a warning, FLYFISHING IS ADDICTIVE! You can never have too many rods, reels, flies, lines or gear. Best of luck to ya!

old east tn boy
06-06-2010, 10:33 PM
Welcome! You will find lots of good information and a few exaggerations posted here that makes for interesting reading. I wish you good luck and steadfast determination as you progress through a wonderful sport.

tnh2owader
06-08-2010, 09:36 AM
Bubba you have came to a great place to get some info on this great sport. I too, just took up the sport 5/6 years ago and this forum has been
a tremendous amount of help. Some really knowledgable folks here that
are really super guys. I too live in Tazewell, not many folks in our area fly
fishermen that I know but feel free to shoot me an email at(gregsstuff@netcommander.com) sometime and maybe we can throw a fly. I fish the Clinch on a regular basis, don't catch a lot, but love it just
the same.
Just holler if I can help anytime.:smile:

Bubbatn
06-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Sounds good tnh2owader, We'll definitely have to hook up and wet a line whenever I get my outfit. Lord knows i'll need some knowledgeable advice to start out with...haha.