PDA

View Full Version : TVA not sticking to rec schedules?

waterwolf
06-11-2010, 10:52 PM
I just checked the schedule for the Clinch tomorrow and noticed it is not the rec schedule they agreed to several years ago. Of course they have a caveat about mandatory and critical times they need to run water. I guess this heat wave caused them to change things for this weekend.

Hope everyone notices the shift so they don't get caught in a weird position, even though the water is off longer then normal, keep an eye on something if you are out tomorrow just in case.

ChemEAngler
06-11-2010, 10:57 PM
I just noticed that too, and was surprised. Always makes me a bit extra cautious when then deviate from the normal routine.

Just further reinforces my decision to fish the mountains tomorrow.....

flyaddict
06-12-2010, 12:30 PM
The following was posted on TVA's website several weeks ago.

Please note: The release schedule for Saturday, June 12, has changed.

On Saturday, June 12, TVA will maintain a minimum flow below Norris Dam until 2 pm, operate one generator from 2 pm - 3 pm, and operate two generators from 3 pm - 6 pm.

This change is in response to a request from the Clinch River Chapter of Trout Unlimited in support of their annual Kids Fish Free Day on the Clinch River, which is held in conjunction with the State of Tennessee’s annual Free Fishing Day.

They did this last year too.

MadisonBoats
06-12-2010, 12:37 PM
The following was posted on TVA's website several weeks ago.

Please note: The release schedule for Saturday, June 12, has changed.

On Saturday, June 12, TVA will maintain a minimum flow below Norris Dam until 2 pm, operate one generator from 2 pm - 3 pm, and operate two generators from 3 pm - 6 pm.

This change is in response to a request from the Clinch River Chapter of Trout Unlimited in support of their annual Kids Fish Free Day on the Clinch River, which is held in conjunction with the State of Tennessee’s annual Free Fishing Day.

They did this last year too.

You answered it....

yellowsulphur29
06-12-2010, 02:31 PM
For much of the week they have been off from 7am-5pm, however they have pulsed one at least twice a day usually around 11 and 2 just long enough to keep the water level up around the weir for the construction crews to ferry their Bobcat back and forth. None of these pulses have been listed on their schedules. Just keep close tabs on that water level this time of year. Norris lake is overfull and they will dump water at any time.

waterwolf
06-12-2010, 10:23 PM
That is a great a worthy cause to shift from the rec schedule, kudos to TVA as always helping out the community when they can. I forgot they do this once a year about now. Hope all the kids caught a ton and had a good time.

RuningWolf
06-22-2010, 12:10 AM
For much of the week they have been off from 7am-5pm, however they have pulsed one at least twice a day usually around 11 and 2 just long enough to keep the water level up around the weir for the construction crews to ferry their Bobcat back and forth. None of these pulses have been listed on their schedules. Just keep close tabs on that water level this time of year. Norris lake is overfull and they will dump water at any time.

TVA employees were told about problems with the weir in 2001. It is good they are finally getting around to fixing it