PDA

View Full Version : Nance's Ferry Holston River

Rodonthefly
06-18-2010, 02:56 PM
Could someone please telll me how to get there. I can make it to 11 e but I'm lost after I start heading towards Morristown

kentuckytroutbum
06-18-2010, 03:40 PM
Could someone please telll me how to get there. I can make it to 11 e but I'm lost after I start heading towards Morristown

Rodonthefly-
Not sure where you are coming from, But from Jefferson City, take Hwy 92 North, and cross the bridge below the dam. Take a left on Owl Hole Gap Road. Then take a left on Indian Ridge Rd, but one sign says Nances Ferry(??). Follow Indian Ridge until you make a sharp right hand turn. In the turn, take a left on Nances Ferry, there is a sign for a rodeo arena. Follow the road, until there is a drop off at a gravel road on your left. If you end up in a fairly new subdivision, you've gone too far. On the gravel road, it will dead end at the gravel parking lot at Nance's Ferry. There are two good boat ramps at the parking lot.

From 11 W, there is a street sign for Nances Ferry.

I feel your pain, my wife & I had to make several attempts to find it about 3 weeks ago.

Ian Rutter's book, "Tennessee Trout Waters" has a good map of the Holston on page 33.

nunavut4
06-18-2010, 04:09 PM
Rodonthefly,

From Knoxville take I-40 east and exit onto Rutledge Pike (the zoo exit) at he bottom of the ramp go right, This is Rutledge Pk / 11W. Follow this all the way to Blaine, TN. Look for Breedings restaurant on the right. Turn right at the restaurant, this is Indian Ridge rd. Follow Indian Ridge rd until you come to a sharp left bend in the road. Nances Ferry goes straight ahead at this point. (There is a sign for The rodeo at the bend in the road) continue straight down Nances Ferry road. A ways down the road you will pass Mitchell bend Road, The river access road is a small road that forks off to the left a little passed Mitchell Bend Rd.

If you Google; breedings restaurant, blaine tn this will show you the intersection of 11W and Indian Ridge road.

Mark

Rodonthefly
06-18-2010, 04:52 PM
i got it thanks guys. I heard fishing sucked up there right now so you all might want to stay home untill I report back tomorrow nihgt :biggrin:

Tippet
06-18-2010, 09:23 PM
Do not go up 11e tomorrow. They are moving a huge generator towards VA, and it is passing through John Sevier to Jeff City, they said it will take atleast 10 hours to get from rivers bend to Jeff City, and that you will be unable to pass this thing.

On another note I fished up 11e off New Market on Wednesday, and there were no trout to be seen. We did catch some carp, and on a 5 weight it was a blast. I would recommend not going any farther up then Nancys Ferry. The water is way to warm, and these fish have moved down or holding in the unknown.

Rodonthefly
06-19-2010, 10:27 PM
I didn't make it up there today, ended up fishing the park, with my 3 yr old right on my hip....lol we cooked out and had a big time playing in the water and I had to show him a few little runs around metcalf bottoms. I caught 4 just messing around 2 little bows about the length of my finger, one brown about 8" and one rainbow about 10". He thought it was cool. WE saw a couple of water snakes. The little guy didn't want no part of those. lol. it was fun and a change of pace for me.

Trent- did you try out my chum and cast method i told ya about? lol Me and wilson is heading up in the morning to try our luck on some carp and smallies.

Tippet
06-19-2010, 11:08 PM
Not yet, hopefully we are going to do that for some fathers day fun. Good Luck on the Holston.

Rodonthefly
06-20-2010, 01:04 PM
Me and Wilson fished Nance's Ferry this morning. The first trip there for the both of us. Managed a half dozen small smallies between the two of us. Nothing was really going on, seen some car while leaving made one or two cast towards them be fore saying piss on it, its to darn hot.

Anyways that was my first nance's ferry trip, and I can still hear banjos and have the vission of a bush lite can sitting on top of the truck behind us. lol. Ya'll have a great dad's day it's tome for a nap!

Rod