PDA

View Full Version : Just a "dry" will do.

bigpopper
06-20-2010, 08:18 AM
Hit the Caney Fork yesterday morning. It was nice and cool, fog on the river, not a typical June day. We even got rained on a few times. Rises were everywhere, but nothing so far worked for me. So I decided to try only dries and after going through about 4 patterns, I finally caught my first trout on solely a dry fly! Woo hooo!:eek: What an awsome feeling! It felt like it did when I caught my very first trout! What a rush! I had 4 strong hits but didnt hook up because I think I was too slow to set the hook, but I got faster ;). First one was a rainbow around 13in. got to hand, he took a #16 Royal Wulf, and the other was brown of about 7in. on a #18 Royal Wulf. I tought the brown was bigger because he hit and pulled as hard as the bow I caught, love catching browns! Was only able to get one pic, just the Brown.

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s358/lawjm28/SSPX0070.jpg

BlueRaiderFan
06-20-2010, 01:33 PM
That bow you caught was nice. I will try an upload the video when I get the chance (it takes a while on DSL). Lots of rises from smaller fish and a beautiful morning to be on the river. I think I want to go back soon, but early in the a.m. again.

rbreedi1
06-20-2010, 03:41 PM
Nice Job! Gotta love dry fly action

bigpopper
06-20-2010, 09:13 PM
That bow you caught was nice. I will try an upload the video when I get the chance (it takes a while on DSL). Lots of rises from smaller fish and a beautiful morning to be on the river. I think I want to go back soon, but early in the a.m. again.

Thanks BRF! It was a great time. We'll definitly go again soon.

bigpopper
06-20-2010, 09:17 PM
Nice Job! Gotta love dry fly action

Thanks! I can't wait to catch even more!