PDA

View Full Version : Byron

silvercreek
06-21-2010, 11:09 AM
Not sure where to post this, but I just read the fishing report and read where Byron is in the hospital having his gallbladder removed. Lets all pray for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. Silvercreek

Hal M
06-21-2010, 11:23 AM
Byron

This is to echo Silvercreek's words for a speedy recovery!! Wish you all the best!!

Hal M

Vern
06-21-2010, 11:47 AM
Byron prayers for a speedy recovery. But you may want to think about getting the gall bladder from them since you are a bear hunter now you maybe able to sell it for big bucks.

Bran
06-21-2010, 12:07 PM
Prayers for Byron, wishing you a speedy recovery!!

Chuckwalla
06-21-2010, 12:11 PM
Been there, done that. Not much fun. Praying for a fast recovery.

Tarheelflyfishing
06-21-2010, 12:18 PM
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers Byron! Here's for a speedy recovery!

nunavut4
06-21-2010, 12:46 PM
Byron, hope you have a speedy recovery. We will keep you in our prayers.

Mark

No Hackle
06-21-2010, 12:51 PM
Hope they dont cut off the wrong thing. Your in my prayers.
Lynn

donwinn
06-21-2010, 02:23 PM
Byron,

I hope things go very well, and you have a quick recovery. My thoughs and prayers will be with you. Of course, we should all pray for Paula as well since she will be waiting on you hand and foot - with her own bad foot. Hang in there Paula! Try not to kick the bear!

pmike
06-21-2010, 03:27 PM
...are with ya'll. Had mine removed about a year and a half ago, surgery went easy, recovery went well, but was slow due to pancreatitus and liver issues for not having dealt with it sooner.

God Bless,
Mike

PS: A good trick to remember is to hold a pillow up against your stomach and abdomen if you feel the need to cough or sneeze.

jeffnles1
06-21-2010, 03:46 PM
Byron and Paula,
Prayers with you for speedy and full recovery. I think for gall stones, they use the same scope procedure that was used on my son last week for his appendix. Still major surgery but recovery time is much less.

Get well soon my friend!

Jeff

tn hound
06-21-2010, 03:47 PM
hope you get well soon Byron, hospitals suck, hopefully you will be home home soon and back to work shortly thereafter.

Owl
06-21-2010, 03:53 PM
Prayers for a speedy recovery! ( That mussel now off the hook, I suppose! :) )

flyman
06-21-2010, 07:27 PM
Get well soon buddy, and let me know if you need any help with any of those pretty nurses:biggrin:

Knik
06-21-2010, 08:00 PM
Will keep you in my prayers, you'll be back on the water soon!

Bran
06-22-2010, 08:30 AM
Any word this morning on how Byron is doing?

silvercreek
06-22-2010, 09:03 AM
Bran, the fishing report is up already and has an update on Byron. regards, Silvercreek

Green Weenie
06-22-2010, 09:03 AM
Anyone who's ever assembled anything knows there are always extra pieces. :biggrin:

Gallbladders are overrated anyway, Byron.

one more cast
06-22-2010, 09:59 AM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Rog 1
06-22-2010, 10:05 AM
Prayers and wishes for a quick stay and no complications....may just give you some extra time at the vice to work on those patterns that may be in short supply...good luck to Paula....she will need it.

adirondack46r
06-23-2010, 08:50 AM
Anybody know which hospital Byron's in? Blount Memorial maybe?

I'm surprised we haven't had some postings from him - laptops and hospital beds go together like peas and carrots. ;-) Get well , Byron!

D-Drake
06-23-2010, 10:02 AM
Byron is over at Blount Memorial. I spoke with him this morning and he sounded good and VERY bored.

Thanks to everyone for all the prayers and encouragement.

Byron Begley
06-23-2010, 08:07 PM
Thanks to all of you for your prayers and thoughtful words. I'm home a day early because I sweet talked the nurses since day one, I praised the surgeon from the day we met, I regretfully abstained from and had my narcotic drips turned off early today to show how rapidly I recover, and due to diligence and planning I was released a day early, at 6:00 pm. I am finally home.

David, a friend and our county pathologist called my surgeon and reported that in the 22 years he has been doing this, mine was the worst looking gall bladder he had ever seen. Gangreen had set in and they had to remove it the hard way. I'm just glad to be home and hope to be at work tomorrow to write the fishing report. I see a doctor every 6 months. Evidently there is not a test for this or I would have had one. Now that I look back, I think I've been symptomatic for a long time.

It's good to be back. Love you all.

Byron

Dancing Bear
06-23-2010, 08:55 PM
Glad you're home and doing well. When I had mine removed they told me when I left the hospital that I could eat anything that I wanted to eat. A couple of days later I wanted a slab of baby backs. Don't do it. They lied. Watch the greasy stuff for a while and you'll have no regrets.

Mike

flyman
06-23-2010, 09:14 PM
Glad you are home, now take it easy for a couple days:smile: I think it might have been sniffing deck paint and the exertion of painting the boat that put you over the edge:biggrin:

flyguys
06-23-2010, 09:20 PM
my daughter just had the same surgery last week. Be sure to take it easy and try not to do too much too soon. get well soon! p.s. coming from a fellow business owner, the business will be fine if you take a little down time. It's hard to stay out of the place, but it will be better for you in the long run! flyguys

Owl
06-24-2010, 12:32 AM
Glad you're home! Get well soon!

pmike
06-24-2010, 07:45 AM
...all things considered. After having mine removed laproscopicaly (sp?), recovery took a few weeks and that was due to other issues with my liver and pancreas. I am not sure if you saw my earlier post or if otehrs have mentioned it to you, but it is great to keep a pillow handy for hold against your abdomen for support in case you feel the need to cough or sneeze.

I was up about an hour after my surgery and as I walked accross my room I had to szeeze, as I did so a bit of blood came squirting out of an incision and there was a bit of discomfort. Someone mentioned the pillow "trick" and it helped tremendously.

You'll be in our prayers for continued, complete, and swift recovery!

Mike n Robin

kentuckytroutbum
06-24-2010, 08:18 AM
Yeaaaaah! Hope that you recover quickly and fully. Its good to have you back with the fly flingers. ;)

donwinn
06-24-2010, 08:51 AM
Byron,

Glad you are home and doing well. I doubt that anyone can make you mind the advice of the doctor. Of course, none of us know what he told you so we should probably just mind our own business, but don't jump back in the ditch too quickly. We will keep buying stuff even if you are not there for a couple more days. Now, a few years ago when I had to have screws and wires put in my knee to hold it all in place I had my wife get a wheelchair with a leg support for me so I could get back to work two days after leaving the hospital. So, I guess I should just shut up, but I was responsible for two plants about 800 miles apart that employed about 300 people. I thought it could not possibility function without me there. I was wrong - one of many, many times in the past and many more in the future. You have a lot of friends out here and some good employees that will keep things moving forward. After all, you trained them. Paula, you have my sympathy.

jeffnles1
06-24-2010, 03:11 PM
Glad you are home, now take it easy for a couple days:smile: I think it might have been sniffing deck paint and the exertion of painting the boat that put you over the edge:biggrin:

I think it was most likely not the boat project but other home projects Paula had lined up for Byron that brought this about. I believe, Byron, if you look hard at your prescriptions and the notes from your doctor, it'll say something about no house projects for at least the next 10 years and at a minimum, 3 days per week fishing between March and December and lower that to 2 days per week Jan through March. I'm almost positive you'll find that somewhere. If not, you better check with the doctor in a couple weeks when you to back for your post-op review. :smile:

Paula, just joking.

Byron, glad you're home. Please take it easy for a while and regain your strength before trying to push yourself too hard. I know, easy for me to say, I'd be one of those guys back at work the next day too.

Jeff

Paula Begley
06-24-2010, 07:46 PM
I think it was most likely not the boat project but other home projects Paula had lined up for Byron that brought this about. I believe, Byron, if you look hard at your prescriptions and the notes from your doctor, it'll say something about no house projects for at least the next 10 years and at a minimum, 3 days per week fishing between March and December and lower that to 2 days per week Jan through March. I'm almost positive you'll find that somewhere. If not, you better check with the doctor in a couple weeks when you to back for your post-op review. :smile:

Paula, just joking.

Jeff

Jeff...seriously? Do you honestly believe a man who works seven days a week has a home project list? HAHAHAHA! *snerk* ;) :) :D:):D :D

I can't even begin to thank you all for your well wishes, thoughts and most importantly prayers for Byron...and for me. The family that is here is amazing and we are blessed to call you friends. Truly.

Humbled,

Paula

duckypaddler
06-24-2010, 09:04 PM
I'm home a day early because I sweet talked the nurses since day one, I praised the surgeon from the day we met, I regretfully abstained from and had my narcotic drips turned off early today to show how rapidly I recover, and due to diligence and planning I was released a day early, at 6:00 pm. I am finally home.

David, a friend and our county pathologist called my surgeon and reported that in the 22 years he has been doing this, mine was the worst looking gall bladder he had ever seen. Gangreen had set in and they had to remove it the hard way.

Byron

Glad your better! BTW it was the insurance companies, not your tough demenor that got you sprung from the hospital early:biggrin:

I had mine out 5 months ago, and be glad you didn't have the Heidel scan (test for gallbladder not working) as it hurt like ****, and led doctors to believe they were in no hurry to take mine out ( i guess 30% working is good to them). On my follow up after surgery with the doctor who does this surgery thousands of times, said that my gallbladder was really diseased (although you beat me with the gang green) and they should have done emergency surgery instead of making me wait another week all drugged up on pain pills and phenagran for out-patient surgery:frown:

Glad your back. Its tough only getting a fishing report from Daniel. I guess I'll have to watch Business Week if you disappear for any more vacations, fishing trips, or surgerys:smile:

jeffnles1
06-24-2010, 09:31 PM
Jeff...seriously? Do you honestly believe a man who works seven days a week has a home project list? HAHAHAHA! *snerk* ;) :) :D:):D :D

I can't even begin to thank you all for your well wishes, thoughts and most importantly prayers for Byron...and for me. The family that is here is amazing and we are blessed to call you friends. Truly.

Humbled,

Paula

Ms. Paula, you do have a good point.:smile:

Now that he's home and on the mend, I felt more comfortable poking a little fun. Daniel and I both were praying for him and continue to do so for a speedy and full recovery. We've both also been praying for a full mend on your ankle.
Jeff

Brian Griffing
06-25-2010, 06:17 AM
Byron,
I haven't signed in since I moved from Maryville to Camp Lejeune last year, but I continue to read the fishing reports from time to time (even now that I am back in Afghanistan). I had to go over to the message board when I read that you were "out of the hospital". Thanks to you, Paula, Daniel and your staff for the help, smiles, and friendly words of advice during my time in the Smokies. God Bless, and recover quickly.

PeteCz
06-25-2010, 11:29 PM
Byron, glad to hear you are out of the hospital. As others have said, the store will go on with the outstanding staff you have, don't rush your recovery.

Here's wishing you a speedy and complete recovery...with fewer parts to worry about than before!
Our thoughts and prayers all go out to you.
All the best, Pete

nvr2L8
06-26-2010, 10:02 PM
Dang, a lot can happen when you leave town for a couple of weeks! By the time I found you had been in the hospital, Byron, you were out. Glad for the quick recovery.

Fly Fisherman 1
06-27-2010, 11:19 AM
Will most certainly keep Bryon in our prayers.

Stonefly
06-27-2010, 12:40 PM
Had mine out a couple of years ago, also gangrenous (sp?). My end wasn't too bad other than the removal of the plastic tube at the followup office visit. The worst of the deal fell to my wife, who emptied and cleaned the drain thingie. Sorry Paula.

You'll be fine soon buddy.

sb

Owl
06-29-2010, 04:38 PM
Just thinking about you. I know you wish you were out cutting the grass or digging a ditch or something in this heat. :) ( Wouldn't anything be better than being laid-up inside? It is for me! :) )

Hope you are continuing to recover! Have Paula and Daniel sold the store yet in order to start a mail order scuba and bagel business? :)

Bran
06-30-2010, 09:40 AM
Byron,
Been praying for your speedy recovery, hope all is goign well, Bran.