garmin nuvi gps

contact email sizor@comcast.net

thanks bill

flyman
06-25-2010, 10:37 PM
Where did this happen? I hope it's not the SOHO again:frown:

GrouseMan77
06-25-2010, 10:44 PM
Not much worse than a thief. I really hate that and will keep my eyes open.

billyspey
06-25-2010, 10:54 PM
at my home in knoxville didn't lock before turning in. we have something going thru the neighborhood checking car doors at nite and helping themselves might get shot one of these nite double o buck from a 12 gage mite put a halt to this ,she is loader. can't miss

Rodonthefly
06-26-2010, 07:29 AM
That sucks dude hate to hear that. If you dont get your rods back, I hope they get them. I would watch area craigslist might turn up there

MadisonBoats
06-26-2010, 09:39 AM
SomeThing entered my car last nite took 3 rods
sage xp 490-4 with a camo cla ross reel in a sage cordura case
decho 4119-4 spey rod in a grey cordura case
echo 4109-4 sr switch rod in a olive cordura case new with tags attached
surefire flashlite
garmin nuvi gps

contact email sizor@comcast.net

thanks bill

Man, that BURNS me up bro! I would also post on craigs-list and call the local pawnshops with a head's-up. Offer a reward to entice interest too! I hate to say it Bill; but, it is a lesson learned too...Humbly, It has happened to me before...

I will watch craigs-list for these too....

ChemEAngler
06-26-2010, 10:42 AM
at my home in knoxville didn't lock before turning in. we have something going thru the neighborhood checking car doors at nite and helping themselves might get shot one of these nite double o buck from a 12 gage mite put a halt to this ,she is loader. can't miss

Sorry to hear that Bill. We have had the same thing going on in our neighborhood in W. Knoxville for the past 8 months or so. It started as cars, then transitioned to houses. They hit three houses on my street in a single night. They are getting bold, so hopefully they will be caught soon. I hate a thief, whether it be of private property such as this case or a poacher. One in the same to me. Hope you get your stuff back soon.

I wish somebody would put a round or two into a burglar in this area, maybe that would send a message to all the would be thieves! :mad:

Unfortunately, with the way our judicial system is currently, it seems as if they have more rights than we do. If you wound them then more than likely they will just be a drain on the public system, and draw some sort of disability. The system is broken, and something needs to be done to correct it.

psnapp
06-26-2010, 12:34 PM
Happening in our community, too! I left my truck unlocked last winter, and someone lifted my workout bag, a bag of clothes I had just bought, a point-and-shoot camera, and get this ... a worn out pair of athletic shoes! I since have installed security lighting.

DannyV
06-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Man thats the worst. I am very uneasy leaving my gear in my car. I live in Old North Knoxville, just moved in. The neighborhood is pretty nice all around but I think I live on a bit of a sketchy street. Looks like I'll be hoofing the gear in and out of the car every night. Hopefully they bust those people. I mean honestly what is an average joe going to do with a fly rod?!? Hopefully craigslist or the pawn shops work out. Did you ever get to cast that echo switch rod? I am having a love affair with my echo carbon and looking to maybe pick up another rod.

jeffnles1
06-26-2010, 12:54 PM
Don't think I could live with myself if I shot someone over "stuff". However, if they came into my house, then all bets are off. Kentucky recently passed a version of the Castle Doctrine which gives the homeowner some rights.

Still, I don't think I could shoot someone over stuff. Protection of myself or my family, yes, stuff not so soure.

Sorry your rods were stolen. Hope they find the guy and get them back for you.

Jeff

MadisonBoats
06-26-2010, 01:39 PM
Don't think I could live with myself if I shot someone over "stuff"....
Jeff

I have thought about this issue before too... Unfortunately, I think would shoot someone if I walked outside and they were breaking in to my car and startled me and them both...In that instance; you cannot second guess what is going on and many thieves will do anything to get away-including murder! So, I do not own a gun because of this reason. Consequently; I am so mild mannered that I would blow my top if I caught someone breaking in to my car. I have prayed about this and I hope no one ever tries to break in to my car or home. I work too hard and have struggled too much to let some one hurt me by breaking and taking my things.

I have personally caught two different burglars in my life. Once, my neighbors alarm went off and I was doing yard work at my parents (1pm) and saw some criminals running out the back door with stuff. I called 911 and told the police how to coordinate off on a lower road; they ran in to the woods. The police caught them on that road with an accomplice waiting in a truck.

I came home for lunch (noonish) in college and saw a group of Mexican looking men unsnapping the soft top of my friend's jeep to steal. This things are expensive and he had just purchased this one a few months before. Well, I yelled at them and ran down to grab them. They jumped in to this old 80s camaro and I had one by the collar going for the neck of another. Well, I ripped the guys shirt off and he ran down the road after the car. It reversed and they dove in to the window. I called the cops and gave them the license. It was from a stolen plate. The cop told they have so much trouble out of illegal immigrants. They steal and if they get caught; they give fake info. etc. Plus, it is too expensive to deport them; so, they have to let them go...

jeffnles1
06-26-2010, 03:22 PM
I have prayed about this and I hope no one ever tries to break in to my car or home. I work too hard and have struggled too much to let some one hurt me by breaking and taking my things.

That makes 2 of us. I have prayed about this very topic. I do have firearms (and a very large Liberty Safe) and am very well trained and proficient in their use. Missing the target at self defense ranges would be highly unlikely. However, it's someting I pray I will never be called upon to prove or disprove.

Still would not want to have it be over stuff. Now, if someone were attacking me, or my family, or entered into my home, that would be a much different story.

But back to the original topic, I sure do hope the rods are found and returned. I just looked on Knoxville Craigs List ad didn't see anything to match. He will most likely wait a few weeks before listing it.

Jeff

ChemEAngler
06-26-2010, 08:57 PM
Don't think I could live with myself if I shot someone over "stuff". However, if they came into my house, then all bets are off.

Jeff,
That is what I am referring to. It really hit home when they targeted the three houses on my street. Not to mention they found blood all over one of the houses that had us and the police concerned it was from the homeowner. Luckily the homeowner was out of town, and apparently the blood was from the thief. That really had my wife shook up for a while, primarily because she has been held up at gun point before. I don't intend to ever let that happen again.

So, I don't plan on giving somebody who enters my house unlawfully an opportunity to harm my family. If somebody is burglarizing a house, it should be considered that they immediately vacate any rights they had!

Missing the target at self defense ranges would be highly unlikely. However, it's someting I pray I will never be called upon to prove or disprove.

I know a carry permit instructor who recommends his students fire their last round into the ground so that their records don't show that they achieved a perfect score. In the event they got into this kind of situation, and had shown perfect marksmanship but managed to kill the intruder, it could be used against them in court.

Trip
06-26-2010, 09:24 PM
Keep an eye on craigslist and ebay. These guys will usually try to get rid of this stuff fast. They might not know what they even have and so just look for generic fishing pole titles.

Rodonthefly
06-27-2010, 07:27 AM
I know a carry permit instructor who recommends his students fire their last round into the ground so that their records don't show that they achieved a perfect score. In the event they got into this kind of situation, and had shown perfect marksmanship but managed to kill the intruder, it could be used against them in court.[/QUOTE]

sorry Travis but I was taught to shoot and hit what ever i am shooting at. I' dont give a **** what the court says and really don't understand how being a perfect shot could be used against you. I was told that if they are in the house they are paid for. Also if you don't kill them you can, be in more trouble if you did kill them...... Aim Straight, shoot True and may God have Mercy on their Soul!

old east tn boy
06-27-2010, 08:35 AM
Carry permit instructor that I know says always fire two rounds, the second one as insurance. If they're still moving, shoot them till they're not!

Seriously it is worse if the confrontation isn't fatal, a very sad commentary on our justice system.

Knothead
06-27-2010, 01:47 PM
My parent's home was broken into, March, 1970. Thieves got 12 guns and some odds and ends, including my grandfather's Elgin RR watch. Three of the guns were my grandfather's and were irreplaceable. I am a full advocate of a gun safe or heavy metal locker. A get into a discussion with fellow woodworkers about these wood cabinets. Totally useless! On the same note, my father, for an unknown reason, took all his fishing tackle to a park in suburban Chicago . He left it in plain sight in a station wagon. All gone the next morning! I figured the cost at around $700 (around 1980) with some of the lures being almost antiques.
Don't give thieves an opportunity. Always lock your car and house. I have turned around and gone back home to confirm the house was locked, in case I had a senior moment.

Plunker
06-27-2010, 02:36 PM
Carry permit instructor that I know says always fire two rounds, the second one as insurance. If they're still moving, shoot them till they're not!

Seriously it is worse if the confrontation isn't fatal, a very sad commentary on our justice system.

Dead Men Tell No Tales....

MadisonBoats
06-27-2010, 06:08 PM
... I am a full advocate of a gun safe or heavy metal locker. A get into a discussion with fellow woodworkers about these wood cabinets. Totally useless! On the same note, my father, for an unknown reason, took all his fishing tackle to a park in suburban Chicago . He left it in plain sight in a station wagon. All gone the next morning! I....

Good post bud! I had my brand new Honda broken in to within the first week I purchasing it. I had left a carry bag (looked like a laptop bag) in the front passenger floor. I used it for carrying paperwork, etc. I am sure the thieves thought it had a laptop or something valuable. The thing is; I gave them the opportunity by leaving the bag in open sight and in my car.

Never, Never... let anyone leave a handbag, bag, or something that thieves would think may contain value in visible sight. Lock purses and things in your trunk. The thieves that broke in to my car did not steal a thing. That just wanted to see what was in my bag. It cost me $300+for a new side window and I had to let my Honda sit at the dealership shop for 2 weeks to just get a new window because the model was so new....

I guarantee you this; if I ever catch a thief in action - I will give them the cognitive discipline that will make them rethink their action.

Vern
06-28-2010, 06:38 PM
Had probably the most bold thieves every, hit me 4yrs ago. I had just came back from the lake and back my boat in the drive. It was around 12:00 in the afternoon. I have a basement garage and my house is on a corner lot in a upper middle income subdivision in Nashville. you can see three side of the house including the driveway from the main road. I went inside to take a shower before I cleaned the boat out. I was drying off when I heard one of my hatches slam shut. didn't think much and was headed down anyway. as i passed my front window I saw an older chevy 4wd flying down the main road. Walked down to the boat and all my holds were cleaned out, trolling motor gone. Both LCD sonars gone. All tackle boxes and fishing oles gone. I went to all the pawn shops with a list and offered a reward, both they said chances were that the stuff would be taken across town and that my only hope would be to file a police report with the list. never found any of it. Insurance paid $2,500, about 3/4 of the value. Some of the baitcasting reels I had for over 20yrs. Bought a trolling motor and one lcd and spent the rest on fly rods. Now the boat has become an enpensive workbench. Wadding is a whole lot cheaper on gas.

ChemEAngler
06-29-2010, 12:15 PM
Looks like somebody did take matters into their own hands.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2010/jun/28/alleged-burglars-killed/

jeffnles1
06-29-2010, 05:27 PM
Wonder if those 2 paragons of virtue were the ones who stole the fly rods?

Jeff

BlueRaiderFan
06-29-2010, 08:29 PM
I hate it when this happens, but you break into my home and I just can't take the chance that you are just after stuff.

jeffnles1
06-30-2010, 11:50 PM
I hate it when this happens, but you break into my home and I just can't take the chance that you are just after stuff.

Agreed. I don't know if I'd go out hunting for someone breaking into my car, but if they enter my home, all bets are off. Out in the driveway, they're little danger to me or my family, but inside my home, it too close.

Wouldn't want to do it and it would probably impact me in ways I can't even begin to imagine.

Hope none of us are ever faced with the situation.

Jeff

Bran
07-01-2010, 08:38 AM
I would try "Search Tempest" to find them. You can put in Knoxville and then search up to a 500 mile radius of Craigslist posts and search by keywords. Hope you find 'em.

JohnH0802
07-02-2010, 11:13 AM
I too have thought about the issue of confronting someone breaking into a vehicle vs. breaking into my home where myself of my family would be in danger.

What I have determined is that I would have no issue trying to stop someone from stealing "stuff" from a vehicle or outside of the home. Having said this, I would still have to make a decision about the risks involved...i.e. is the situation such that there would be minimal risk to mysef in confronting someone. I have decided that I would not be thinking about the safety of the criminal at all, only my own. If I arm myself and confront someone breaking into my vehicle, I would attempt to apprehend them and keep them for police. If the individuals fled, I would let them go and try to remember as much detail as possible. If when confronted they attack, then I would feel completely justified in using up to and including deadly force to stop thier attack on my person.

I guess my point is that I would have no qualms with arming myself and confronting a criminal, but would not shoot one unless the criminal's own action left me no choice.

tnh2owader
07-02-2010, 11:44 AM
IMO no ones stuff is worth a persons life but I will mostly definitely protect
myself and/or any other person whose life may be threatened.
I would also make any effort I could to stop someone from stealing whether outside or inside my home. And also make any efforts to hold them until the officials arrive.
It would also be an added pleasure, if I could put the fear of the Lord
in the thief just enough that he might "SOIL " himself if you know what I
mean.
I try to find the joy in everything !!!!!

BlueRaiderFan
07-02-2010, 12:31 PM
I have a handgun, asp and mace. I don't have a problem confronting someone breaking into my car because I was an MP (military policeman) for 8 years and an infantry soldier for 4 years. I know what appropriate force is and what isn't and I also know how far to be from the guy etc when I confront them and what to tell them to do etc. Be careful that you understand appropriate force if you don't want to go to prison when confronting someone OUTSIDE of your home. Inside of your home, you will get away with most anything outside of shooting them in the back.