PDA

View Full Version : Road Prong

nvr2L8
06-26-2010, 10:08 PM
My son, Andy, and I went to Road Prong on Friday and had a great time. The weather was great and the fish were more than willing. The water was awfully thin but cool enough that the fish recovered nicely upon release.

Question for those who have fished Road Prong - above the fifth bridge there is another waterfall. While we could have climbed its face, it was not the friendliest nor easiest of passages. Is the Road Prong Trail accessible from that point as it is from the first waterfall (Trickle as I recall)? The banks on both sides looked pretty socked in with rhodobeasts. While I managed to get about half way up the falls and could peer over, we decided to stop there for the day. Would like to know how to get around those falls and what the fishing looks like above if someone has the intel.

flyman
06-26-2010, 10:32 PM
The last people that tried it were never heard from agian:eek:

GrouseMan77
06-27-2010, 06:16 PM
Charlie, were you guys in a red truck and rigging up around 7:45 or so?

If so, I was envious. My wife wanted to do the Boulevard trail. I would have rather been fishing. 16 miles of hiking yesterday and fishing up high today have done my legs in.

nvr2L8
06-27-2010, 07:11 PM
Nope, we were in a blue X-Terra and didn't get there until about 9:45 on Friday. Didn't see signs of anyone else by the time we got up to the stream.

GrouseMan77
06-27-2010, 07:32 PM
Sorry apparently the word "Friday" wasn't read.