PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Demographics of LRO Fly Fishermen

MadisonBoats
06-27-2010, 12:55 PM
I am doing a bit of personal research and I was hoping my fellow LRO Members would assist me with participating in my poll(s).

Please note: The answer option is set to private and I/forum members will not be able to view individual responses on the poll. You are welcome to comment openly with a response.

If you are unemployed, student, etc... Just pick the less than $25,000 option.

Worrgamesguy
06-27-2010, 01:15 PM
Hmm. Unemployed college student. Wonder where I fall?

Future USAF Airman. Wonder where I will fall then? Same place :rolleyes:

Plunker
06-27-2010, 02:27 PM
Hmm. Unemployed college student. Wonder where I fall?

Future USAF Airman. Wonder where I will fall then? Same place :rolleyes:

Thank You in advance for your service to our country!!!!
I appreciate your choice and wish you all the best!

BlueRaiderFan
06-27-2010, 10:16 PM
I used my family income...is that what you wanted?

MadisonBoats
06-28-2010, 08:26 AM
BlueRaiderFan,
I used my family income...is that what you wanted?

That works!

Streamhound
06-28-2010, 11:09 AM
are you attached to the IRS?

I too used family income

jeffnles1
06-28-2010, 11:22 AM
Used family income too (although my wife has had zero hours in June and only scheduled a couple days in July... ouch).

With any luck and grace from th Lord, in about 3.5 years, my income will drop significantly as I enter that wonder blissful life stage called retirement (or as I prefer to call it - full time fishing bumdom).

Jeff

Trip
06-28-2010, 01:33 PM
I need a redo if we were using family income. LOL

flyman
06-28-2010, 02:35 PM
I am glad to see so many of you doing well. Keep on working hard, and have a bunch of kids. I need some help with my tax burden and keeping SS solvent.

I like what one of my favorite fly fishing heros once said, and believe me he meant it.

"I frankly don't make much of a living, but I make a **** of a life" Jack Gartside

It took me years, and I let a lot of my life slip thru my fingers. Don't get so caught up chasing the $$ that you let life pass you by. Cause in the end when your life flashes before your eyes, make sure it's worth watching.:cool:

psnapp
06-28-2010, 05:56 PM
Flyman -- I've always had great respect for your fly-tying abilities and your humor. Now you go and add a philosophical element to your repertoire! I could talk days about the futility of chasing the almighty $$ now that I've had a few months to reflect back on it all. Thanks for confirming what I've already learned the hard way!

ChemEAngler
06-29-2010, 12:19 PM
I have no income, it all goes to my wife. :biggrin:

Also, I didn't see an option for food.

MadisonBoats
06-29-2010, 01:05 PM
I like what one of my favorite fly fishing heros once said, and believe me he meant it.

"I frankly don't make much of a living, but I make a **** of a life" Jack Gartside

It took me years, and I let a lot of my life slip thru my fingers. Don't get so caught up chasing the $$ that you let life pass you by. Cause in the end when your life flashes before your eyes, make sure it's worth watching.:cool:

Flyman, this is a philosophy I have lived by all my life. I have turned down positions that would have tripled my salary to maintain my personal commitments to myself:) I have always felt that if you love what you are doing; then, the rest will come! Money has never brought me happiness! I have just tried to live within my means financially.

Life changes when you are under the vises of huge financial responsibilities. You will do things and act in ways you never thought of...Money is power and power has a way of intoxicating people and social values.:frown: Most teenagers do not know how to show respect or to show appreciation for the things they have in life. In turn; they struggle immensely when they are in college or in marriage during times of difficult situations. Instead of becoming more resilient and acclimating for the next obstacle in life; they look for the easiest way out...which is usually a divorce....

Worrgamesguy
06-29-2010, 03:25 PM
Thank You in advance for your service to our country!!!!
I appreciate your choice and wish you all the best!

Thanks for your support, I need all the support I can get. I've got very weak knees (thanks mom) and dislocated my left knee at 16 years of age, and I wasn't even doing strenuous work. Just a wrong turn, pop, and down I went. That doesn't disqualify me from the service, but they can't know :frown:

If I dislocate my knee again at basic training not only am I going to look like a fool screaming on the ground, I'm going to be sent home :frown:

Flyman, this is a philosophy I have lived by all my life. I have turned down positions that would have tripled my salary to maintain my personal commitments to myself:) I have always felt that if you love what you are doing; then, the rest will come! Money has never brought me happiness! I have just tried to live within my means financially.

Life changes when you are under the vises of huge financial responsibilities. You will do things and act in ways you never thought of...Money is power and power has a way of intoxicating people and social values.:frown: Most teenagers do not know how to show respect or to show appreciation for the things they have in life. In turn; they struggle immensely when they are in college or in marriage during times of difficult situations. Instead of becoming more resilient and acclimating for the next obstacle in life; they look for the easiest way out...which is usually a divorce....

I resent that statement! Haha I believe divorce is not an option. I'm one of those "If I married you, there's a reason I did, and I'll make it work" types. I actually can't wait to be a father, if I make it through basic, I want a kid within the next year.

JimmyC
06-29-2010, 03:32 PM
I can't remember when I started chasing money, probably shortly after I began chasing my third wife.

Knothead
06-29-2010, 04:01 PM
I was going to put "not enough."

A living income is $10 more than what you are making now.- Dad

DBKSTONE2
06-30-2010, 10:50 AM
Madison,

I wished you had used "household income". I used single and some folks are using household. There is no way to tell which is which. As an accountant I am very interested in income stats. I guess it will drive me crazy trying to determine the difference between single/household for the poll. The good thing is that it does demonstrate trends or "bands". On a side note, a college prof did reference several studies that show a majority of people will overstate income by an average of 20%. I always wondered why people would do 20% and not say 50% or 75%. Makes you wonder about the human condition sometimes.

MadisonBoats
06-30-2010, 10:13 PM
Madison,

I wished you had used "household income". I used single and some folks are using household. There is no way to tell which is which. As an accountant I am very interested in income stats. I guess it will drive me crazy trying to determine the difference between single/household for the poll. The good thing is that it does demonstrate trends or "bands". On a side note, a college prof did reference several studies that show a majority of people will overstate income by an average of 20%. I always wondered why people would do 20% and not say 50% or 75%. Makes you wonder about the human condition sometimes.

Yeah, I screwed up this poll... I guess I should be more definitive in my next one.... However; the numbers are very close to the demographics I have from some fly fishing resources.

Grumpy
07-02-2010, 08:05 AM
Well, i came into this world with nothing & it looks like i'll leave it with most of it to;)

Grumpy

MadisonBoats
07-02-2010, 06:54 PM
Well, i came into this world with nothing & it looks like i'll leave it with most of it to;)

Grumpy

Grumpy,
Well; it looks like you have lived an efficient and rewarding life! I am sure you have left many positive impacts on others!

GOD Bless brother...:smile:

BlueRaiderFan
07-03-2010, 10:32 AM

Grumpy

Yeah, but the Caney is looking decent in a few places...looks like you got your life back.