PDA

View Full Version : July Red

JohnH0802
07-12-2010, 11:41 AM
I only was able to fish two evenings on this tide series. The wind was up quite a bit, and the fishing was tough. I did manage to catch this one 25" fish:

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af34/JohnH0802/2010%20Redfish/0710201025inchesCRsmall.jpg

I had decent chances at two other fish, with no joy. One of them I don't think ever saw the fly, and the other spooked when the wind blew my fly off course.

Went out again yesterday evening, even though the tide was late. Had a chance at 1 fish, but I couldn't get my fly down into the grass where he could see it.

Waterborn
07-12-2010, 08:32 PM
John,
I'll be down in your neck of the woods next week (heading down sunday) to visit the out-laws, maybe I can look ya up for some redfish relief...
I hear tarpon are about too? My brother in law has a keywest, if he has the motor fixed, maybe I can return the favor and possiby chase some silver...

JohnH0802
07-13-2010, 09:38 PM
What are the specific days you are going to be here? Since I don't have a flats boat it is purely walk in fishing on tides that have to be relatively high for me to have a chance at fish. I work M-F but if the tides are cooperative I would be more than happy to get together. You can e-mail me at holbrookjg@gmail.com.

Waterborn
07-18-2010, 10:02 AM
Should be ther Sunday thru thursday , that the plan right now...not sure all what family responsibities I have to do first, but I can work around your sced...
I'm all for wading n hopefully things will work out so we can hit the water but if not, no worries...

Carolina Boy
07-19-2010, 10:28 AM
John you Sir are the Redfish whisperer!