PDA

View Full Version : how's the Clinch fishing??

pacofly13
07-14-2010, 01:34 PM
Just tryin to get a little info on how the Clinch has been fishing... i had fished there early in the summer but hadn't been back recently? I live in Cincinnati and my partner and i usually fish the Cumberland, but it looks like they changed the generation on us since the recent rain so it leaves our wading options limited! Plan b then is the Clinch, so i figured i'd ask here of any locals on how it's been... any info greatly appreciated!!
thanks-Matt

waterwolf
07-14-2010, 03:55 PM
Heard the cumberland is really fishing well. Just got home from the Clinch and it was pretty dang good. Generation is good most days, but the water is low and ultra clear, the fish are super spooky, but other then that it is pretty good.

IMO either are a good choice right now.

psnapp
07-14-2010, 05:56 PM
Fished the lower Clinch today ... not that many fish brought to hand, but 2 straightened #18 hooks (dang it, that's what I get for saving a few cents on hooks!!!!!), and 2 other nice ones escaping. Lots of fish sippin' and rising to midge emergers early ... never did quite got the pattern and size they were focused on, but still a very good day. Few sulphurs coming off around 11:30 - 12:30. Certainly worth a try ... some really hefty browns reportedly being taken on hardware.

pacofly13
07-14-2010, 06:04 PM
thanks waterwolf. I think we might just go to the Cumby as long as they continue to run the sluice, which should be good to cool the water off a bit... that being said- as long as the Army core doesn't decide to trick us... again! I know the Clinch can be tougher in summer w/ that typical tiny midge/light tippet thing, but would like to hit it again soon.
thanks again...Matt

waterwolf
07-14-2010, 10:39 PM
thanks waterwolf. I think we might just go to the Cumby as long as they continue to run the sluice, which should be good to cool the water off a bit... that being said- as long as the Army core doesn't decide to trick us... again! I know the Clinch can be tougher in summer w/ that typical tiny midge/light tippet thing, but would like to hit it again soon.
thanks again...Matt
On the Clinch there is no reason IMO and from what I have experienced the last several days to drop to the tiny stuff. I fished 5x all day, and a 16 PT, never had any issues catching fish. Still having issues finding anything of any real size however, in other words nothing over 18".