PDA

View Full Version : O.T. Elk Poacher sentenced

sammcdonald
07-18-2010, 05:22 PM
The guy that shot and killed the elk in catalooch has received a fine of over $8000, jail time of 150 days, and they destroyed the weapon used (one autographed by Richard Petty)....

now for the guy and the laural falls bear...coming soon

nvr2L8
07-18-2010, 09:05 PM
Excellent.

duckypaddler
07-18-2010, 09:26 PM
now for the guy and the laural falls bear...coming soon

Never heard about that one, what happened?

FishNHunt
07-18-2010, 10:39 PM
What an idiot. I personally think that if you commit a crime in the park of that magnitude you should loose your hunting and fishing liscense with the state as well.

FishNHunt
07-18-2010, 10:51 PM
Oh and I believe the man that got the bear killed at Laural Falls recreived a misdimenor for animal harrassment or something like that. Fine his butt heavy. Without examples being made this is going to continue. I love hunting and I love fishing but, that is just ignorance. I see people feeding animals in the park all the time and getting with in inchs of deer trying to either take a picture or touch them. If a fisherman gets caught fishing with corn he's fined acouple hundred bucks (never had to worry about that one so I'm not sure). If your bitten by a bear because your an idiot you get a $50 fine and a slap on the wrist. Should they kill all the yellow jackets and hornet in the park because they sting someone? What about copper heads and rattle snakes? They are posions. I don't see people with a camera inches from a rattle snake or poked into a honets nest.

bugg
07-19-2010, 11:48 PM
What an idiot. I personally think that if you commit a crime in the park of that magnitude you should loose your hunting and fishing liscense with the state as well.

He lost his hunting license in NC for two years I believe.

Crockett
07-19-2010, 11:51 PM
I am kinda surprised that someone who poached elk in a national park even bothered to get a hunting license. I guess he liked to hunt some legal like and poach on the side.

Rog 1
07-20-2010, 09:01 AM
Somebody like that should never be allowed to hunt again....

MickT
07-20-2010, 09:53 AM
He lost his hunting license in NC for two years I believe.

NC is now joining the Wildlife Violator Compact. This is an agreement among states to suspend hunting and fishing rights in all member states if a violator loses them in one member state. Right now there are 34 member states with 7 more pending (NC is pending). Too bad they aren't already members!

MBB
07-20-2010, 12:33 PM
I am glad they threw the book at the Poacher. But, destroying the weapon doesn't make sense to me. I'd much rather they confiscate and sell it and use the money to benefit the elk heard.

Paula Begley
07-20-2010, 12:35 PM
I am glad they threw the book at the Poacher. But, destroying the weapon doesn't make sense to me. I'd much rather they confiscate and sell it and use the money to benefit the elk heard.

I am kind of happy to see it destroyed. That way, one of his buddies wouldn't be able to purchase it at some auction and give it back to him.

Paula

Crockett
07-20-2010, 01:16 PM
I gotta say it... Shooting an Elk in a national park with a rifle autographed by Richard Petty is pretty redneck. An Earnhardt rifle would have been better though.

spotlight
07-21-2010, 08:33 PM
LOL at Crockett I was thinking the same thing man.

And in my opinion he should never be able to posses a hunting license again.:mad:

Carlito
07-22-2010, 04:28 PM
All these years I've been wondering what happened to my Richard Petty autographed rifle... now she'll never make it home!

GrouseMan77
07-22-2010, 04:36 PM
A Richard Petty autographed rifle...I can almost picture this guy in my head. I bet he was a real credit to his community before he had his one lapse of judgement.