PDA

View Full Version : Little River 7-19-10

tjw37909
07-19-2010, 09:54 PM
I fished LR today for about 3 hours. I landed around 15 fish and missed at least as many. The water was up a little, but the tea colored water made for interesting wading. Most of the fish were the usual 5 inch rainbows, but there were a couple nice rainbows and one pretty brown around 10-11 inches. I lost 1 nice brown and rescued one runaway tube that got away from a 6 year old boy. Here is a pic if the brown..........forgot the camera and snapped it with the phone.
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae277/tjw37909/Little%20River%207-19-2010/moto_0016.jpg

jeffnles1
07-20-2010, 12:17 PM
Nice fish and nice trip. You may have also made a fisherman out of the kid with the tube. If nothing else, he'll see fishermen as "those nice guys who saved my tube".

Jeff

Bran
07-20-2010, 04:49 PM
TJ, You drive a Dodge truck by chance? I fished LR yesterday late up above the campground. I didn't do much to brag on but did land a pretty Bow.
I fished Walker Camp prong today and caught a few, one nice Bow (fat), a couple small bows and a few Specs up high. The Brookies were tiny compared to Road Prong but still willing. I cut the dropper off and fished the dry for the last couple of hours successfully. I had a nice one rise twice to the dry when I was about ready to quit and I got all excited again. I cast several more times and of course he was having none of it.

tjw37909
07-20-2010, 10:38 PM
Yes, I drive a red Dodge. It was parked by the concessions building at Elkmont while I was fishing. I fished from the bridge at the ranger campground entrance to the second house along the LR trail.

Bran
07-20-2010, 11:45 PM
That was me in the 4runner that was asking for your parking spot. It was nice talking with you, I thought about it later that I should have asked your name but I was trying to be quick to get out of your way since I was in the middle of the road.
p.s. I still hold my record of never having caught a Brown, that's my Eleanor, I still can't get one. I need to go over the Mt. like you said but my wife and daughter love g-burg and it keeps them occupied while I prowl the hills.

tjw37909
07-21-2010, 09:35 AM
It was nice meeting you. There are a lot of browns in Little River, but if you get time to run over to Oconaluftee the next time you are here I am sure you will find some there.