PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for this weekend?

Dawgvet
07-20-2010, 10:45 PM
Our family is coming to Townsend this weekend and I am looking for suggestions. I have fished most of the larger waters of the park but not many of the higher streams. Main time available to fish will be a couple hours early in the morning. How much of a drive and hike will be involved? Not afraid to walk but time becomes the limiting factor. Any help appreciated. PM me if want to keep suggestions private.
Thanks,
Jedidiah

MickT
07-21-2010, 09:54 AM
If you're not dead-set on trout fishing, bring a 6-wt and hit the Little River for smallies. That would minimize the time lost on travel.

Rog 1
07-21-2010, 11:18 AM
If you are in Townsend...get up early and fish Anthony's Creek that runs through the picnic area of Cades Cove or W. Prong just past the entrance to Tremont

Dawgvet
07-21-2010, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the tips. How far should one venture up West Prong to expect decent fishing?
Thanks Again,
Jedidiah

David Knapp
07-21-2010, 04:12 PM
Go fish Tremont...its close and the trout are always willing...

Dawgvet
07-21-2010, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the tip, Plateau. How high up should I go due to summer heat?
Thanks
Jedidiah

Trip
07-21-2010, 06:21 PM
Road Prong off the Chimney Tops trail between the bridges is fun.

David Knapp
07-21-2010, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the tip, Plateau. How high up should I go due to summer heat?
Thanks
Jedidiah

Shoot me an email and I'll give you specifics on where I would fish there...

2weightfavorite
07-21-2010, 09:25 PM
No secrets on tremont.. So Ill just tell you. Do not bother with any of the water along the paved road... the farther up you go the better. When you are on the gravel road the river will go from your left to your right (asuming you are traveling up stream). The 1/4 mile below where the river changes sides of the road is my favorite stretch on the entire river. If you park at the bridge where the river changes sides of the road, walk back down the river to the gravel pull off. You cannot miss it, its a big pull off. Get in there and fish back up to you car at the bridge. Some great holes through there some of which are big and deep. Good luck!

BlueRaiderFan
07-21-2010, 09:39 PM
Caught my first fish and trout on a fly rod there.