PDA

View Full Version : Broken into.

Rockyraccoon
07-26-2010, 09:38 AM
Yesterday, sometime between 12:00 and 6:00, someone busted the drivers window out of my truck. Stole some of my gear and all of the electronics in the truck. This happened at Peach Orchard so be on the look out for year stuff when over there.

Rodonthefly
07-26-2010, 09:45 AM
That sucks dude, i hate to hear it. I rolled in at around 4:30-5:00 to get my buddy back to his car. didn't see anything out of the norm, and there was alot of poeple standing around shooting the bull that looked and seemed to be normal folks. Not to mention there was a crap load of bigger boats putting in that looked to be on the higher end of pay scale. New G3's bass trackers, Lowe, those kind of boats beeing pulled by nice trucks. Who knows I can't say for sure but i wouldn't think those guys would still anything.

psnapp
07-26-2010, 09:51 AM
Rocky -- we put in at Peach Orchard early last Friday morn -- second vehicle to arrive. While we were putting in, a white Chevy S-10 pickup came cruising through the parking area, saw us down on the ramp and drove away pronto. Kinda made me nervous about leaving my truck parked there, but fortunately, no break-ins. Sorry that happened to you.

Phil

Knothead
07-26-2010, 09:59 AM
Sorry to hear about that, Rocky. It would be to our advantage to get the license number of people like the cruisers. The police would then have at least something to start with. Possibly, they would be recognized as past offenders. "Round up the usual suspects."

kentuckytroutbum
07-26-2010, 12:40 PM
Take a camera and photograph them also. The last thing that they want is to be identified, and what kind of vehicle they are driving.

Us fly flingers got to stick together, you know! :cool:

jeffnles1
07-26-2010, 01:36 PM
Take a camera and photograph them also. The last thing that they want is to be identified, and what kind of vehicle they are driving.

Us fly flingers got to stick together, you know! :cool:

I think I'd rather just make note of the make, model, color, plate number and general description of the drivers and then write it all down when they were no longer around or looking. Pulling out a camera and taking their photo could lead to a confrontation and I don't think anyone wants that.

A few years back, I was at a local lake and some rather rough looking characters pulled in. I looked over at them and went back fishing. Nothing unusual. About 5 minutes later, one of the guys jumped out of the turck and started yelling "What the F*** you looking at?"

Fortunately, there was about 100 yards between us and he got back in the truck and nothing more was said. If I had been snapping their photos, it could have turned out differently.

Just a thought.

Jeff

waterwolf
07-26-2010, 02:48 PM
I think I'd rather just make note of the make, model, color, plate number and general description of the drivers and then write it all down when they were no longer around or looking. Pulling out a camera and taking their photo could lead to a confrontation and I don't think anyone wants that.

A few years back, I was at a local lake and some rather rough looking characters pulled in. I looked over at them and went back fishing. Nothing unusual. About 5 minutes later, one of the guys jumped out of the turck and started yelling "What the F*** you looking at?"

Fortunately, there was about 100 yards between us and he got back in the truck and nothing more was said. If I had been snapping their photos, it could have turned out differently.

Just a thought.

Jeff
That is why I am always armed, always. If it goes differently or in a bad direction, I have the option and ability to permanently end it for the jackass idiot who feels like being bold.

Rocky, sorry to hear this. PO is notorious for being a place to get broken into. It used to be a bunch of kids but they got caught. It would be an easy place to catch someone stealing as there is only one way in or out.

Grumpy
07-27-2010, 10:21 PM
[QUOTE=waterwolf;83703]That is why I am always armed, always. If it goes differently or in a bad direction, I have the option and ability to permanently end it for the jackass idiot who feels like being bold.

[/QUOT

Amen to that, sorry to hear that Rocky, rumor has it my 'ol bud(NOT) is running around again up that way, i've had a few calls about him.

Grumpy