PDA

View Full Version : Newbie in Tellico Village

TellicoFlyfisher
08-13-2010, 08:13 AM
I'm new to the area and to this forum. My wife & I retired last fall and moved to Loudon, TN from Winston-Salem, NC so my fly fishing has just changed from the East to the West slope of the Smokies.

I have loved fly fishing for many years and now that I am retired, I hope to devote more time to the sport and to couple it with my new kyaking hpbby. Warm water or cold, it doesn't matter to me as I am happy chasing a bluegill or a trout.

I look forward to meeting some of you on-line and in person. I did meet a couple of the nice folks at LRO this past monday as I travelled there to pick up some tying materials and to see if a full blown fly shop actually does still exist - too many have disappeared in the past few years.

Jim Casada
08-13-2010, 09:30 AM
TellicoFlyFisher--A warm welcome and I think you'll find folks here helpful, full of knowledge, and ever ready to share interesting tales (and tribulations).
Jim Casada
www.jimcasadaoutdoors.com

TellicoFlyfisher
08-13-2010, 11:26 AM
Thank you for the welcome Jim.

Streamhound
08-13-2010, 12:18 PM
Hello and Welcome TFF
It will be interesting to hear what you think about fishing on the TN side

TellicoFlyfisher
08-13-2010, 12:26 PM
I plan to do a bit of fishing on Citigo creek and the Tellico River as they are closest to home. Then we'll see where the fish lead me. I fished trout & smallies in the New River and its tribs mostle in Ashe County, NC

Trip
08-13-2010, 01:30 PM
Welcome. I am not too far from you in Lenoir City. Give me a shout if you want to chase some fish.

TellicoFlyfisher
08-31-2010, 03:27 PM
Welcome. I am not too far from you in Lenoir City. Give me a shout if you want to chase some fish.

Sounds good to me - PM your number and we can talk.

tvtrout
09-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Hi Tellico Flyfisher - I just received access to this board today and saw your post. I also just moved to Tellico Village 2 months ago. I am from Western PA and just started fly fishing a little over a year ago. I have a lot to learn but maybe we could get out some time this fall. Take care.

Trip
09-01-2010, 05:25 PM
Sounds good to me - PM your number and we can talk.

wish I could, this board doesn't have access to private messages. I wonder if posting email addresses would be ok. I will take that chance. reactortrip at gmail dot com is mine.

TellicoFlyfisher
09-04-2010, 09:45 AM
Hi Tellico Flyfisher - I just received access to this board today and saw your post. I also just moved to Tellico Village 2 months ago. I am from Western PA and just started fly fishing a little over a year ago. I have a lot to learn but maybe we could get out some time this fall. Take care.

Sure, I'm at 147 Inata Circle in your neighborhood directory, you can get the phone number there.