PDA

View Full Version : Anyone lose a camera on Sam's Creek 6-11-10

duckypaddler
09-10-2010, 07:56 PM
If so I found it today. Someone had hung it up right next to the trail to help you find it. Unfortunately it's toast after 3 months of lying in the backcountry:frown:

Now for the good news - your SD card & pics made it:biggrin:

Looks like a shot of a nice Brown caught 6-10 and pics of a bunch of bikes around a tent. Couple shots of a fly box, and a couple of your fishing buddy. Then some shots of Sam's that end at 11 AM (when you lost your camera)???????

It be cool to know the story and I'll be happy to get the card back to it's original owner if they happen to frequent this board.

BTW the water was LOW:eek: but still managed to have a pretty good day:smile:

pineman19
09-10-2010, 09:10 PM
Man,

You think they would have went back and looked for it, but maybe they thought it was pretty hopeless to find in the rough world of Sams Creek. Nice that their pics are still good. Being a flyfisher persons camera in the Smokies is a risky proposition or any trout stream for that matter. I have ruined one due to a dunking and have had some other close calls as well.

Neal

Vern
09-13-2010, 01:22 PM
I think I know who the camera belongs to, a fellow MTFF fished that about that time and lost his camera. It's use a great trip, but I had two hard falls and he lost his camera. Like you said the camera was not the big deal but he caught his first brookie and took a picture. The big browns may be me on the caney. I will foward this to him and let him get in contact with you.

MadisonBoats
09-13-2010, 04:31 PM
If you have a decent photo-editing program; you can view the details of each photo and it usually gives you the name of the PC-Owner, etc....

Vern
09-13-2010, 06:13 PM
It was his first trip after brookies, I gave him first water and caught a brookie on his fist couple of cast. He ended up catching several brookies, then I took my first big fall, good lesson for all, don't trust wild vine when you are climbing up a boulder 5' off water. We were trapped on the wrong side and he took a running jump. Needless to say the camera was gone. We looked for about an hour. He got discourged and quit fishing. I felt bad, but did enjoy fishing first water for a hour. I emailed him the link I should hear from him this evening. I really hope it's his card. That same week end one of the other fellows left his filson vest out ($$) with some crackers in it, racoon totaly wrecked it. expensive outing for some people.
Just called his house. He's on the caney chasing the big browns. Not FAIR.

Vern
09-13-2010, 10:00 PM
Duckypaddler, I just talked to Scott and he said that your described the pictures to a T. The brown he says is a 10 or 12" he caught on the Elkmont at Huskey branch, the fly box should have little blue butterflies on it. the camp pictue is the MTFF camp at the elkmont group camp with 2 bikes. This is way cool! you Email him at sdukeshier@comcast.net. if your all connect and confirm that it is his camera, if you could it to Byron before Oct. 2nd he can bring it to us at this years hog and bear camp. I don't know if Byron will remember Scott, just tell him to bring it to Vern and we will take care of it.
Thanks again, you made our day. Like I said his first wild Brookie is on it.

duckypaddler
09-17-2010, 05:22 PM
Glad I found the owner and from your description it is indeed his camera. I will e-mail him. I will be happy to mail it to him, or give to Byron, or whatever.

So Vern are you the other flyfisherman in the pics?

Vern
09-17-2010, 07:31 PM
He just fowared his email to me, glad he found his pictures, sort of, MAN that is one ugly picture of me, or maybe I am that ugly! thanks again

duckypaddler
09-21-2010, 06:08 PM
He just fowared his email to me, glad he found his pictures, sort of, MAN that is one ugly picture of me, or maybe I am that ugly! thanks again

Not too ugly:smile:

That is a 12 pack of beer your hiding under your shirt though:biggrin: