PDA

View Full Version : clinch fishing wed 9-29

fishingman62
09-28-2010, 07:55 PM
anyone planning on fishing the clinch tommorrow 9-29... i will be going over in the morning and be wading above the church looks like will be fishable till about 4pm eastern time
dan

Knik
09-28-2010, 08:43 PM
Would love to, but there is that little thing called work......:mad:.......

Hope ya have a good time, let us know how it turns out. :smile:

fishingman62
09-28-2010, 09:40 PM
knilk the beauty of a day off in the middle of the week sometimes the grocery business has it's good points lol lol

MadisonBoats
09-29-2010, 07:39 AM
I am heading out for a few hours this morning...if; I can keep my cellphone from diverting me:biggrin:.

fishingman62,
If you see a brand new Minn Kota Trolling Motor Prop in the shallows; give me a shout - I guess my lock nut was not secured enough and lost it Monday...

fishingman62
09-29-2010, 05:35 PM
sorry shaun was already headed over there before you sent the email or i would have kept my eyes open for you...did you have any luck today....
dan this was one of the worst days i ever had on the clinch.... only 3 fish with another 1/2 doz or so good hits...fished the same flys as last week when i caught fish all day.... a whole new world today.... i even broke down and used a midge that a nice guy gave that he was doing fair on .....but it was a nice day to be out ....i was way up fishing from the top of the second island back down ......
dan

MadisonBoats
09-29-2010, 07:36 PM
Did you notice how calm the water today was? I had to keep my flies in the film for effectiveness;) Here is an underwater shot I took this morning. It looks like it is upside down due to the refraction of the calm surface.

http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=3&pictureid=527

fishingman62
09-30-2010, 05:16 PM
shaun .. i was using small streamers and soft hackles most of the day except when i tried the midge so i was in the film lol lol
dan

MadisonBoats
09-30-2010, 08:07 PM
I was fishing emergers and griffith's gnats to a rise. The flow was too slow for nymph fishing at my location:biggrin:....

Earlier in the week; I was fishing a few new streamers during the heavy winds and this fly worked surprisingly well:

The Polar Shrimp:
http://www.angelfire.com/wa/salmonid/images/polarshrimphaas.jpg

eaze53
10-03-2010, 09:24 AM
Thanks for the posts madisonboats & fishingman62. I was wondering how the Clinch was fishing. A friend and wife are up from Texas Mon & Tues. and we plan to either float from PO to the 61 bridge or wade fish. Weekday turbine action appears to be steady on from 9:00 a.m., so early wade fishing or floating lower section appears to be options. And just curious, what matter of creature does a Polar shrimp immitate???:smile:

MadisonBoats
10-03-2010, 06:24 PM
...And just curious, what matter of creature does a Polar shrimp immitate???:smile: Just a basic stimulator/attractor...Kind of relates to what does a orange rooster tail simulate?:smile:

waterwolf
10-03-2010, 10:58 PM
Just a basic stimulator/attractor...Kind of relates to what does a orange rooster tail simulate?:smile:
It is a steelhead fly, but it doesn't surprise me that regular trout will hit it. Just pisses them off I reckon.

MadisonBoats
10-04-2010, 09:29 AM
Actually; I tie this version from [Peter Gathercole's - The Fly-Tying Bible]. A good variation is Fl. Yellow Body, Olive Tail, and green hackle. I put a Gold Bead on some....

*My hook size is 10-12.
http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=30&pictureid=528