PDA

View Full Version : BC site 21 and 30 questions

benintenn
09-29-2010, 12:36 PM
Is the new #21 on the Huskey Gap trail on the water or at least have a water source? Is it nice?

What is #30 like? I read in the brown book that it is on the water. If I go what type of species can I expect? I suspect the water is pretty small.

I looking at a trip where I would stay at either 23 and 30 or 23 and 21.

Crockett
09-29-2010, 03:29 PM
Hey Ben here is some good info on 21 I got over the winter:

http://gosmokies.knoxnews.com/profiles/blogs/huskey-gap-cs-21-question

21 isn't right on the water but close. 24 is right on the little river and rough creek intersection I like stayin at 24 better (when its open). Also I have stayed at cs 30 which is pretty nice and right on the water but the water gets a little smaller and thinner up there splitting into various smaller branches. You are very close to Meigs Post prong which is also a good spot to fish. I haven't stayed at 23 but been there and it looked very good. No bad choices in the ones you listed as far as fishing. It is a farther hike in to 23 but you get to cross the infamous Goshen Gate bridge ;)

NDuncan
09-29-2010, 03:30 PM
21 is up on a ridge above little river. I would recommend getting a copy of joe fred's little river drainage map. it shows both 23 and 30 being close to the transition points from bows to specs.