PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in the Shenandoah Valley, VA

kentuckytroutbum
10-04-2010, 10:02 AM
My wife & I are going to be in the Staunton, Harrisionburg, and Edinburg area next week, and we're looking for anyone's comments and recommendations for trout fishing in this area, since we have not fished in the Valley.

We need any recent reports that anyone may have, and what flies have been catching fish.

Thanks

Bill

Kytroutbum
10-04-2010, 11:02 AM
Check with the folks on this board. Southeastflyfishingforum.com.

No Hackle
10-04-2010, 01:47 PM
Go to Harry Murrys when you get into Edinburg he'll stear you to the right places and shoot you straight. If you like history check out the Hall of Valor.
Lynn

kentuckytroutbum
10-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Go to Harry Murrys when you get into Edinburg he'll stear you to the right places and shoot you straight. If you like history check out the Hall of Valor.
Lynn

No Hackle-

Thanks. I'd gotten Harry's name from an earlier post of this Forum. I've talked with Harry several times. I was hoping that someone on this Forum had fished this area recently.

Thanks

Bill

flynut
10-04-2010, 09:19 PM
I went in June and just ended up driving up to Skyline Drive every day, finding a trail that looked like it followed a blue line and hiking down until I got into some brookies...it was fantastic and I caught fish every day...

kentuckytroutbum
10-06-2010, 04:40 PM
I went in June and just ended up driving up to Skyline Drive every day, finding a trail that looked like it followed a blue line and hiking down until I got into some brookies...it was fantastic and I caught fish every day...

flynut-

Thanks for the suggestion, I didn't think about being up high on the Skyline. Would it be better for trout on the west side or the east side of the road?

Bill