PDA

View Full Version : Elkmont

pitch black
10-20-2010, 12:48 PM
going this weekend to camp and fish a little, if you had a morning or evening to fish which would you choose? also what creek would you fish? what fly would you use morning vs evenings, thanks, first trip this year to the park, to much work.

Crockett
10-20-2010, 12:54 PM
Right now I would choose evening over morning if I had to choose. I would fish nymphs more in the morning and dry dropper in the evening. If I were staying at Elkmont I would fish up the little river maybe hit fish camp prong too.

Chuckwalla
10-20-2010, 12:56 PM
I would fish the evening, give the water time to warm up some.

Any of the streams around Elkmont should fish well.

I like an EHC w/ a small PT dropper.

Rog 1
10-20-2010, 02:15 PM
How far do you want to walk....if you want to fish Elkmont I would hike up and put in just past where Huskey's Branch flows under the trail or walk above the bridge at the Huskey Gap trailhead to where the stream comes back to the trail....cross over to the far side of the stream and fish the runs up against bank....orange stimulator or a neversink caddis....late evening I would also fish up thru the campground from the crossover bridge using a madam x parachute....if you are wanting to sleep in take the madam x over to the WPLP in the afternoon and hit some of the big plunge pools above where the trail goes down to the river from the Huskey Gap trailhead pull out....a big terrestrial on a sunny afternoon will bring some vicious hits...

pitch black
10-20-2010, 11:32 PM
thanks all