PDA

View Full Version : A week on the Soho....

mstone
10-25-2010, 09:34 PM
Spent most of last week fishing the South Holston. The weather was great and the fishing was good. Probably the best fishing I've had there since I started fishing the river. The river had some people on it, but it wasn't bad. The sulphurs came off good most days and even some bwo's early. I had numerous rainbows and browns up to sixteen inches. On one of the better days, I watched in amazement of just how suttle the rises could be,even the smaller fish. You really had to look for some of the rises. I spotted several good browns feeding but managed to put them down. You can't catch them all. Looking foward to the next trip up.

mstone

MadisonBoats
10-26-2010, 09:32 AM
Nice! I have noticed that about those finicky risers. I found that I had to drop an emerger pattern right on top of them and they would take.

Wilson10
10-26-2010, 10:29 AM
We may be taking a mid november weekend soho trip. How long are the closed spawning sections?

mstone
10-26-2010, 09:58 PM
Not sure how long that closure last. There is still some good stretches of water that will be open. It may be February before I get back unless the weather stays warm through the winter. I'll hunt till the end of January, weather depending...need some cold.

mstone

Randy Ratliff
10-26-2010, 10:28 PM