PDA

View Full Version : G. Loomis Opinion

DBKSTONE2
11-12-2010, 02:36 PM
I have an offer from a G. Loomis rep to get a new NRX 5wt for less than half price. Does anyone have/use one of the new rods? I need some quick feedback.

Thanks,

DBK

RFork
11-12-2010, 05:11 PM
I have an Eastfork 5wt and I like it.

Bfish
11-12-2010, 09:18 PM
hmm, I guess that kind of shows what kind of mark up there is on Shimano/Gloomis products.

DBKSTONE2
11-13-2010, 11:19 AM
I picked it up last night. The rod was a demo at several expos. It has never had a reel on it. The only ding it had was a very slight and I do mean slight nick on the bottom of the butt cap. The guy had to point it out cause I couldn't see it. He was clearing out what he had to get ready for the 2011. It is sweet!!! Oh I forgot that the rod tube had a smudge on it. I know I know the conditions Im willing to suffer to get a deal :rolleyes:.

The sucky part on the deal is that I get home with the big grin on my face and the wife said "I don't know what your smilin' about. That rod is going under the Christmas tree". She promptly takes the rod tube from me and carries it off to the "christmas room". **** we don't even have a tree up yet!! Needless to say it wiped the grin off my face. This should fall under cruel and unusual.

DBK

kentuckytroutbum
11-14-2010, 12:55 PM
DBK-

Maybe you should see if the rep has any 6 wt. rods, they're a good weight for the larger rivers, and also bass fishing. One can never have too many rods in your inventory. Never know when a rod might get damaged or ruined, and you need a "backup". :cool:
We have (3) 5 wts., (1) 6 wt., and (1) 10 wt.
Bill

DBKSTONE2
11-16-2010, 04:45 PM
DBK-

Maybe you should see if the rep has any 6 wt. rods, they're a good weight for the larger rivers, and also bass fishing. One can never have too many rods in your inventory. Never know when a rod might get damaged or ruined, and you need a "backup". :cool:
We have (3) 5 wts., (1) 6 wt., and (1) 10 wt.
Bill

I really wanted a 6wt but I was a day late as they say. the 2 6wts were gone and he had 2 5wts in the NRX and 1 in the GLX series (a stream dance I think). I told him to hold a 6 for next year if he has one. I already have a couple of 5s and really wanted a 6. I need a little more beef to throw streamers.