PDA

View Full Version : fished abrams today

2weightfavorite
12-23-2010, 06:41 PM
I fished abrams today starting around 10 or so. Hit the spring creek first and caught a few from there, and spooked a bout million. The water in the spring strecth was very warm ( i did not take a temp), however, all the rod guides froze and kept re freezing. I did more looking and watchig fish flee from my presence than I did casting in the spring creek. But I truly love that stretch of water from the trail head back to the road. After walking up and back down I decided to hit the actual creek from the confluence of the spring down a half mile or so. Not sure how many I caught, maybe 8 or so, and i missed or had on that many more. the water was MUCH colder in abrams, however the fish seemed very active. i also watched 2 bucks fight it out in a field, so all in all it was a great morning. just a shame I had to leave by 1, I think the fishing was getting better!

BigMax
12-23-2010, 06:53 PM
work got heavy and i didnt get out till 1 and decided better wait till tomm....ill follow up tomm afternoon with my report. what flys were u using?

2weightfavorite
12-23-2010, 07:02 PM
small pheasant tails fished with some split shot

Knothead
12-24-2010, 11:13 AM
watched 2 bucks fight it out in a field
Sounds like a good day! It's not all about catching fish. Just watching the wildlife is worth the time in the field or on the water. Once, when fishing the Hiwassee, I saw a blue heron catch a trout, flip it up on the bank, jump out of the water and gulp down the fish.

BigMax
12-24-2010, 08:20 PM
there are no fish in Abrams creek

that is all

or maybe they are hibernating

but i know i was doing everything 100% correct :smile: