PDA

View Full Version : The important stuff

buzzmcmanus
02-18-2011, 08:21 AM
Before heading to the fisheries meeting yesterday, I slipped into the park and fished for a couple hours. Since I was limited on time, I just fished roadside. Here's where I hopped in.
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u51/buzzmcmanus/Fishing/DSCN9792.jpg

I mainly fished the longer slower pools that had gathered some sunlight. For the first hour I had one strike and caught one fish.
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u51/buzzmcmanus/Fishing/DSCN9793.jpg

As it got closer to 6, I had to leave at 6:15, I knew I needed to quit moving so much and start fishing some of the faster runs.
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u51/buzzmcmanus/Fishing/DSCN9797.jpg

Well, I found the fish, they were activelly feeding in the faster water.
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u51/buzzmcmanus/Fishing/DSCN9796.jpg

I tried one of the tips Travis posted about getting good pictures and took the last one at an angle. It really helps show the colors of the fish better. The first fish was just as colorful, but the light mutes it out.

In the last 15 minutes of fishing, I caught 4 total, and had 2 LDR's. Three were rainbows, and 1 was a brown.

Yep, life is good.
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u51/buzzmcmanus/IMAG0188.jpg

JoeFred
02-18-2011, 08:38 AM
Nice report, Buzz. Nice fish colors too, even in the last photo...:smile:

Thanks for sharing.

Speckleman5
02-18-2011, 08:52 AM
I'm a big fan of those golden trout. Not a lot of fight in them though....:)

Crockett
02-18-2011, 09:21 AM
Buzz this report was awesome! Those are some fat bows.

JohnH0802
02-18-2011, 09:30 AM
Very nice looking fish, makes the itch to go a little worse though!

Stana Claus
02-18-2011, 10:32 AM
Nice report. I have to work part of the weekend, but I definitely plan to get out there as soon as I can. Probably Sunday. Hope they're still primed and ready, 'cause I know I am.

whitefeather
02-18-2011, 12:10 PM
Hey Guys,

What's the secret to posting pictures here on the forum? I have shots of some nice specks I caught last fall, but can't figure out how to post them like buzz posted these very nice pics!

silvercreek
02-18-2011, 12:18 PM
Go to the Web site and message board section of the forum. Second from the top is a "sticky" from Paula tellin how to post pics. silvercreek

whitefeather
02-18-2011, 12:27 PM
Silvercreek,

Thanks for the info! Appreciate your quick response!

rivergal
02-18-2011, 12:58 PM
great color on those trout ! before and after the frying pan !

Grannyknot
02-18-2011, 02:54 PM
Buzz...great pictures & write-up, and thanks for taking the time to do so.

ifish4wildtrout
02-18-2011, 05:21 PM
Very nice. Good to see someone else who ain't afraid to eat a wild trout.

buzzmcmanus
02-18-2011, 07:06 PM
Very nice. Good to see someone else who ain't afraid to eat a wild trout.
Turning fish loose that I caught right beside the car, would be like throwing dollar bills out the window as I drive down the highway. I may not drag them all over the backcountry, but these roadside fish are dinner, supper, and sometimes even breakfast.

GrouseMan77
02-18-2011, 07:09 PM
Very nice report and dinner.

ChemEAngler
02-18-2011, 08:17 PM
Buzz,

Nice report, and good to see that some fish are being caught. I hope to make it out tomorrow after the demonstration. Glad the photo tip worked out for you. Helps me to know that everything I say isn't BS. :smile:

I expect all the roadside spots to be relatively well worn by tomorrow afternoon, so I will probably walk a little ways up the trail to escape some pressure.

You have inspired me to bring a couple home tomorrow if I get the chance....

pineman19
02-19-2011, 01:49 PM
Buzz,

Great report, nice looking bows for sure. Really appreciate a fishing report on the mountains after reading all the other crap that has been posted over the last month or so.

Neal

jross
02-19-2011, 10:28 PM
ohhh Buzz you've just thrown gasoline on the fire that is my desire for warm weather and fish!

I can't believe it, but I'll be going that way in a month! Winter is fading..... maybe I'll have better luck if I see you on the water this year.

Knik
02-20-2011, 05:59 PM
Pineman......... you're killing me! :biggrin: I just noticed your avatar a little while ago, now my darn ribs are hurting....... keyboard is soaked in tears........ and my screen is covered in sweet tea. Haven't laughed that hard in a while. Been working on the house all weekend as hard as i can go, stressed as can be, then I see your avatar........ :smile:

Thanks man, you made my day.

pineman19
02-20-2011, 08:31 PM
Thanks Knik, nice seeing there are a few people with a sense of humor in this joint:p

Neal

Crockett
02-20-2011, 11:14 PM
Neal I keep seeing others on here saying that the threads others started recently are "crap" or not "quality". I have a sense of humor too but I just have to disagree with saying that about other fellers posts. I always learn a lot from threads posted on this board. I like to learn about all things related to the Smokies and am really interested in hearing what others observe even if I don't agree with them.

tennswede
02-21-2011, 08:51 AM
Adam,

If you were around on the message boards, back in the early part of the last decade, you would understand more where we are coming from. Quality on here is a shadow of what it ones was. That is true for most of the internet however.