PDA

View Full Version : clinch on sun

fishingman62
02-19-2011, 01:46 PM
thinking of hitting the clinch with the canoe tomorrow... i will be bringing someone who dosen't fly fish yet... any suggetions on spin tackle for them ..will the trout magnets work this time of year or would night crawlers or small spinners be better.. ,,also would pheasent tails or midges under a float work ...need some help on this one really would like them to be able to catch a few
thaxs dan

2weightfavorite
02-19-2011, 04:34 PM
Ive seen guys wear them out with spinners on some days and catch nothing on others.. But I would say spinners, and maybe even small cranks, like the wee craw from rebel, or a 1.5" original rapala im a fan of chrome and black and the baby brown trout...But I must admit, I have never spin fished on the Clinch. So someone elses opinion may help more. You could always tie a 6x leader and use a clear float with a zebra midge..surely that would work....I think..

MadisonBoats
02-19-2011, 07:12 PM
Well, if he must throw a spinner; then he should throw this guy in the heaviest weight you can buy. Crimp the barbs and cut off one of the hooks. My brother has a tackle box of only these and destroys the Clinch. However; I am slowly converting him to the dark-side of fly fishing only...

Blue Fox Vibrax in GOLD Only - Silver rarely works as well...

http://images.buzzillions.com/images_products/03/49/rapala-blue-fox-classic-vibrax-spinners_1878581_175.jpg