PDA

View Full Version : South Holston is excellent

Randy Ratliff
03-05-2011, 11:06 AM

MadisonBoats
03-05-2011, 11:39 AM
The rains from earlier this week have given TVA a reason to turn the wheels and the South Holston is fishing excellent on high water. The rain this weekend will keep them generating so more to come.

Interesting! Are you having to throw heavy streamers for this type of action? I have never seen the S. Holston on a heavy generation. I bet it brings the big boys up for some feeding.

Share some pics if you get a chance..(?) I wish I lived closer so that I could hit it right now.

rbreedi1
03-05-2011, 05:08 PM
The clinch fished great today. With so much flow, I opted for spinning gear and jerkbaits and the browns were willing to play

MadisonBoats
03-05-2011, 07:07 PM
The clinch fished great today. With so much flow, I opted for spinning gear and jerkbaits and the browns were willing to play

I bet that was a quick drift.:eek:

rbreedi1
03-05-2011, 07:14 PM
I bet that was a quick drift.:eek:

I fished from shore but yeah it would have been a very quick drift!

MadisonBoats
03-05-2011, 10:47 PM
I fished from shore but yeah it would have been a very quick drift!

I bet that was a challenging chore with such a current. I am glad you had fun and made the best of it. Also; glad you did not fall in and get swept away.:eek: I like your style. Mine is very similar. Go with the conditions you are dealt and make the best of it.

Randy Ratliff
03-06-2011, 01:02 PM

rbreedi1
03-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Shawn, yes it wasn't easy dealing with that current but sure beats sitting at the house!
Randy, good looking brown.