PDA

View Full Version : Clinch River - Spring Midge

MadisonBoats
03-05-2011, 10:53 PM
Here is a very simple and very effective Spring Midge for the tourist/stocker areas on the Clinch. You will need to Xink the tippet & midge for most situations or you can use it as a secondary nymph.

This picture was taken with the fly in a layer of water to illustrate its profile.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/199328_10150164417563319_718858318_8235365_4271435 _n.jpg

troutslayer3393
03-05-2011, 10:56 PM
Nice looking fly...do you have any idea when the clinch is gonna stop generating 2+. I'm on spring break and had planned on fishing the clinch ALOT

MadisonBoats
03-05-2011, 11:02 PM
Nice looking fly...do you have any idea when the clinch is gonna stop generating 2+. I'm on spring break and had planned on fishing the clinch ALOT

It does not look promising for the next week through next weekend. You may want to try and hit the mtns or a few other tail waters that are not at high water. I expect this generation schedule to run high until about mid-next week. It is sluicing right now; but, that could get dialed down by the end of the week to just 2 generators.

*Pack a tent and some viddles and hit a few freestone streams in W.VA, VA., N.C. They will be moving fast after this rain; but, you should get some decent water after a day of drainage.

**Another idea would be to hit a few of the park lakes and throw some poppers/bass flies. It would be a good time and it expand your fishing chances. Cove Lake has some killer Largemouth Bass and they love poppers. The boats rent cheap if you do not mind rowing. Call ahead to see if it is stained from runoff before making the trip.

***You are welcome to take my aluminum river boat out on Norris if you want to stop by and pick it up. I am sure you could snag some nice bass and get plenty of blue gill action.

If I were you; I would forget fishing and be down at Panama City chasing the ladies.

SM

troutslayer3393
03-05-2011, 11:06 PM
Thanks, I think 'im gonna call up a friend and hit up some of the DH streams in North Carolina. Especially the Davidson.

rbreedi1
03-05-2011, 11:28 PM
Great looking fly Shawn

MadisonBoats
03-05-2011, 11:54 PM
Thanks, I think 'im gonna call up a friend and hit up some of the DH streams in North Carolina. Especially the Davidson.

Good for you bud...If you want to borrow the boat; give me a shout and I will have it ready for you...1 7/8" ball-I think...

Great looking fly Shawn Thanks, it kills them at Miller's Island...You could probably catch two at a time on a double rig....

Mundele
03-10-2011, 11:08 PM
How about a recipe (unless I missed it)... What size hook? Is that black thread over red thread?