PDA

View Full Version : Tremont on 3-14

Greenie
03-14-2011, 09:54 PM
Finally got out on the water today. First fly fishing of the season for me. I headed up to Tremont and fished for about two hours.

The water is up, and it is very hard to wade. This slowed me down considerably; I spent more time trying to position myself for a good cast than I did fishing. I just got in and out, picking my spots along the way--wading up river was impossible. The water, however, was very clear. The fish seemed to be holding best in the small pocket water (if you could find some). Water like this is where I caught each of my fish (3 small bows). All 3 were caught on a #12 BHPT. I also had a #14 Copper John on with the BHPT, but he didn't bring anything to hand.

I would like to be able to provide you with a dry fly report, but I don't fish them (heresy, I know). I find them cumbersome and aggravating. I can say there were quite a few pockets of water with a considerable amount of bugs on the water, but, to be honest, I have no idea what they were and didn't go out of my way to find out--sorry. I did not notice any surface activity from the fish, though.

Below is the only picture I snapped today, and this was pretty much par for the day where size is concerned.

http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae206/dshrop07/Tremont314.jpg

rbreedi1
03-14-2011, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the report and nice bow.

flybum62
03-20-2011, 02:11 PM
Nice picture! I'll be there in a week.