PDA

View Full Version : TN side this weekend?

MaxGoldenrod
03-15-2011, 09:43 PM
It's hard to believe that it's already been a year since I was last in the park, but I talked the wife into heading back Gatlinburg this weekend for a little 4 day getaway. Looks like I picked a good weekend if the weather forecast holds, only a slight chance of showers on Saturday! Much better weather than the same week last year when it was rainy, in the 50's and snow closed 441 across the park one morning/early afternoon!

Any suggestions on where to head on the TN side? In the past, I have usually headed towards Greenbrier or up LR out up from Elkmont, but she is 6 1/2 mos pregnant w/twins and I don't want to leave her by herself for too long. Plus my regular fishin buddy and is wife aren't able to make it on this trip. If I'm lucky, I might be able to get out 2 mornings while she is still sleeping away in the cabin?

Thanks in advance!

Crockett
03-15-2011, 10:00 PM
Well some of it depends on where the cabin is at maybe Greenbrier is better but the quickest trip from Gburg proper for a morning of wild trout fishing would be off of one of the quiet walkways or the nature trail with access to the west prong of lil pigeon (off of newfound gap road). You know some of those kind of down low near the sugarlands visitor center. I have fished on all those spots and always enjoyed it. Will be close enough to with easy access (not much hiking) to allow you to get back to gburg with time to spare since the spots I am talkiing about are only about 3 miles outside of town. Should be a wonderful weekend for fishing Max.

MaxGoldenrod
03-21-2011, 03:56 PM
You were right, it was a great weekend to be fishing...too bad I caught a killer head cold the day we got up there. Spent the weekend chewing on dayquil and vitamin C. Saw lots of folks out there having a grand ol time, unfortunately I didn't feel like wading out by myself into the water when on dry ground it felt like I was going to fall over from the congestion/drugs! Oh well, the fish will still be there the next time. Hopefully this fall, I won't be sick when I get up there.

Hope everyone had better luck than I did over the weekend. Based on the posts on here, most everyone did!:smile: