PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Buddy Hook-up Thread

Paula Begley
03-16-2011, 12:55 PM
Okay, you asked for it, you got it. This is where you post to find fishing buddies in the Smokies.

Paula

whitefeather
03-16-2011, 01:51 PM
Paula,

Thanks for posting this buddy hook-up sticky thread. I am sure everyone will appreciate it and give it a ton of use!

Also, for the one at Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters!

Paula Begley
03-16-2011, 02:05 PM
My pleasure...hope everyone finds and makes new friends.

Paula

whitefeather
03-16-2011, 02:14 PM
Here's my schedule! Coming down early on April 20 to Elkmont Campground. Fishing LR and smaller confluences from park boundry up. I'll be there for the two weekends that follow.

Any suggestions on streams in that area would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Stana Claus
03-16-2011, 02:18 PM
OK, let's get this party started. I'm available to go next Monday, Tuesday, and/or Thursday (3/21, 3/22, & 3/24) and am willing to try pretty much anywhere within a reasonable hike, say 5 miles or less one way. I'm kind of old (50+) and (a little) fat, but with good knees and in reasonable physical condition (been working out regularly since Christmas). Still pretty new to fly fishing but have been studying & practicing hard and ready to get going for real. Had some success last year, but still have lots to learn. So, anybody want to go fishing with a relative newby?

Stana Claus
03-16-2011, 02:34 PM
whitefeather, it looks like I'll be working every weekend in April, but I might be able to shake free for a mid-week trip one of those weeks if you're here for the duration. Been wanting to explore Jake's Creek and the headwaters of LR, but haven't made it over that way yet. Mostly been fishing up Tremont & Thunderhead Prong. So, will you be here from 4/20 through 5/1? If so, I could maybe do Tuesday, 4/26.

whitefeather
03-16-2011, 03:42 PM
whitefeather, it looks like I'll be working every weekend in April, but I might be able to shake free for a mid-week trip one of those weeks if you're here for the duration. Been wanting to explore Jake's Creek and the headwaters of LR, but haven't made it over that way yet. Mostly been fishing up Tremont & Thunderhead Prong. So, will you be here from 4/20 through 5/1? If so, I could maybe do Tuesday, 4/26.

Stana Claus,

I'll be there on Tueday, April 26 for sure and through the middle of the following week! Jakes creek and LR headwaters sounds good!

Not sure where I'll be in the campground. I have a white Sprinter TT, with multicolored horizontal pin stripes on it and will have my, and my wife's amateur radio call sign license plates (Indiana) on the front of the trailer. K9REH and KC9IPI. It will also have a tall vertical antenna on the front of it.

I'm shooting for a generator friendly spot next to the river, somewhere in sections A through F. If you like breakfast (I always eat breakfast before going out) I'll get up early and get some going, bacon and eggs, flap-jacks, hot coffee, etc. Just let me know your preference!

Stana Claus
03-16-2011, 05:44 PM
Tuesday, 4/26 sounds like a plan. I'll mark my calendar appropriately. And if, after you get setup in the campground, you happen to stop by LRO to check out their latest gear, fly selections, chat with the folks, etc., and happen to leave a note as to which spot you wind up in, then maybe word would get around and folks that might be looking for you would have a little bit easier time finding you. Oh, and I like my eggs scrambled. Have a safe trip down, and I'll see you next month.

tennswede
03-16-2011, 07:42 PM
You guys just have to hike up to Fish Camp Prong. Hike about a mile and a half in from the junction with LR. You won't regret it.

whitefeather
03-16-2011, 07:50 PM
Stana,

Scrambled eggs coming up! I'll probably take a road trip up to LRO before the first weekend and I'll leave a message concerning my campsite!

Hans,

Thanks! We'll give it a try! I think this is going to be a lot of fun!

Stana Claus
03-16-2011, 08:37 PM
Fish Camp Prong works for me. Should be fun.

Now that we have April squared away, does anybody want to go next week (see post #5)?

blb yj
03-16-2011, 09:36 PM
Maybe a little late but Im heading somewhere tomorrow. Not to used to fishing a little higher water, so anybody else is welcome to join. Not sure where yet and always open to suggestions.

duckypaddler
03-20-2011, 10:02 AM
I know it's short notice, but I just got a hall pass from the wife, and am going to take advantage of what oppourtunities I get. So if anyone want to fish today please give me a shout. I prefer to chase Brookies, but I'm sure I could be talked into whatever as I'm always looking for another way to enjoy the outdoors.

Have a good day,
James Locke
865-966-5036 h
865-742-2158 m

mattblick
03-21-2011, 03:50 PM
Stana,

Scrambled eggs coming up! I'll probably take a road trip up to LRO before the first weekend and I'll leave a message concerning my campsite!

Hans,

Thanks! We'll give it a try! I think this is going to be a lot of fun!

White Feather and Santa Claus,

I will arrive down there with my Father-In-Law on Wednesday 4/27 late, and will be fishing Thursday morning 4/28. If you guys want some more company let me know. The old man insists on fishing downstream, so I never have to worry about his size 15 gunboats spooking the fish ahead of me. We are both in shape to hike, though he is still cursing me for the trip up Deep Creek and over Bumgardner Mountain last October. ;)

-Matt-

jross
03-21-2011, 07:08 PM
I'm ready to fish all this week! The only problem is that my companions (wife and her folks) don't make plans on vacations! So I'm stuck waiting on them until last minute to decide what's going on! If someone is going and wants a tag-a- long or wants to tag along send a reply. I'll see if I can let off the leash!

I would really like to go somewhere out of the way and fish.

whitefeather
03-23-2011, 02:57 AM
White Feather and Santa Claus,

I will arrive down there with my Father-In-Law on Wednesday 4/27 late, and will be fishing Thursday morning 4/28. If you guys want some more company let me know. The old man insists on fishing downstream, so I never have to worry about his size 15 gunboats spooking the fish ahead of me. We are both in shape to hike, though he is still cursing me for the trip up Deep Creek and over Bumgardner Mountain last October. ;)

-Matt-

Matt,

Check my post earlier in this thread as to my camping location.

I will still be there on 4/28. So swing by the campground if you can and say howdy when you get in. We can fish upstream, down stream, wherever. By then I should have a pretty good handle on what's going on with LR.

All company welcome!

wizard
03-25-2011, 03:30 PM
if the weather allows it, i can fish tommorrow (3-26) afternoon after the wife gets off work to watch the kids! feel free to tag along (or let ME tag along!)... let me know if anyone is free on this tentative basis

joefly
04-24-2011, 07:53 PM
I'm planning on fishing the park tomorrow afternoon. Been at it a couple years, but not having much luck. Had an experienced buddy going with me tomorrow but he had to back out. Need someone to show me the ropes. Not up to hiking long distances.
Joe Rentz 865.659.2721

ifish4wildtrout
05-06-2011, 04:30 PM
I am planning a backpacking trip to Deep Creek #60 5/30 - 6/3 Mon - Thu 3 nights, 4 days

I was hoping to find a partner as I really don't want to solo. I will likely fish farther up, but I really don't want to hike with a pack any farther than #60.

Another option would be parking a car at each end and going in from the top and exiting at the bottom. We could stay at #53 or #54. I'm just not up for the steep uphill hikes and hiking to #59 about killed me last year. Out of shape and bad knees.

A little about me...I have all my own gear, I am bit redneckish, am prone to use a bit of language at times, and I smoke cigarettes, but I do respect non smokers and keep my distance. Absolutely no drugs, although I don't think that would be an issue with anyone on this forum.

Drugcop4
05-16-2011, 09:20 AM
Heading for a couple of days of fishing with a non-fishing wife. If anyone will be that way, give a shout.

russ
05-19-2011, 08:00 AM
I finally get a yard pass for next weekend! Saturday and/or Sunday! Was thinking Abrams Sunday and maybe somewhere high in elevation on Saturday. I'm willing to go anywhere but I'm only licensed for the Smokies. Anyone want to meet up and slay them with me? If you live in Knoxville or on the way to the smokies I can drive. Company vehicle so its free!

Hans?

Drugcop4
05-19-2011, 12:01 PM
You might want to check on Abrams, last I saw it was mostly closed because of the tornado.

russ
05-20-2011, 09:50 AM
I swear the universe is against me ever going fishing again!

fishermen00
05-20-2011, 08:32 PM
I'll be in Elkmont this coming Sunday thru Thursday in G009 if anyone wants a fishing partner. Spotlight is supposed to join me. I drive a tan 4 door tacoma with cap. I'm gonna hop scotch around the park, the chimneys, maybe the NC side of 441, little river, etc. etc.

mattblick
05-21-2011, 11:11 PM
Got permission to come down again next weekend. Will stay Friday night in Townsend and Saturday and Sunday in the back country.. Probably TN side.. If I am solo I will probably make it a short hike, like 18.

If anyone wants to join me I might look into somewhere further, haven't tried 23 yet..

ifish4wildtrout
05-23-2011, 12:33 PM
Anyone up for a backpacking trip starting Monday 5/30 for a few days and nights? Pretty much anywhere is okay with me as long as it's not a brutal hike.

I really do not want to backpack solo. I will be going to GSMNP, but if I can't find a partner, I will be car camping somewhere like Smokemont.

duckypaddler
05-29-2011, 09:34 PM
Anyone up for a backpacking trip starting Monday 5/30 for a few days and nights? Pretty much anywhere is okay with me as long as it's not a brutal hike.

I really do not want to backpack solo. I will be going to GSMNP, but if I can't find a partner, I will be car camping somewhere like Smokemont.

I can't do an overnighter, but can fish Monday and can give you some company for the day if you want. I love getting deep into the backcountry. If not, I'm heading to the Smokies anyway. Too hot here in Knoxville and I let the wife run her errands today:smile:.

Sorry so last minute

duckypaddler
05-30-2011, 08:25 AM
I know it's really short notice, but if anyone wants a fishing partner to chase some brookies and you happen to check the board this morning before you go out, give me a shout. I'll be heading solo if I don't hear anything back by 9:30 or 10. Always love meeting new people.

James Locke
865-742-2158

ifish4wildtrout
06-01-2011, 07:08 PM
I'm looking to do a backpacking trip in GSMNP starting Saturday 6/25, staying 2-3 nights. I am not dead set on any particular location, but would really like to do Deep Creek #60 or Pretty Hollow #39.

I am looking for a partner, I do not want to go alone.

You can email me possessedcorvette at gmail dot com

mspaterick
07-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Anyone want to fish the horseshoe on Abrams Creek? I have a flexable schedule and would like to fish it during the week.

email me at mspaterick@tds.net or leave me a reply

ifish4wildtrout
07-10-2011, 01:19 PM
Edited, plans had to change

hillbillydave
07-23-2011, 08:54 PM
Gona be up fishing the 17th - 19th on the NC side of the mountains in Cherokee if anyone is looking for a fishing partner. Will be playing music on the 20th at the Cherokee Bluegrass Festival. Hit me up @
hillbillydave730@yahoo.com or derrickscustomwoodworks@yahoo.com

BlueRaiderFan
07-27-2011, 04:46 PM
Will be at Elkmont at K012 a week from tomorrow...stop by and say hello. I may even have an extra beer.

benintenn
07-27-2011, 09:41 PM
I'm leaving for #23 in the morning and staying a couple days. Stop by and say hi.

tnflyfisher
07-29-2011, 11:52 PM
Just looking for anyone interested in a mini back country adventure sometime in August. I have most of the second half of the month open and plan on chasing some brooks up high. Would be interested in meeting some fellow anglers who share the same passion. Probably looking at camping at least Saturday if not longer. Open to suggestions/recommendations. I have mostly only fished the TN side around MPLR/Elkmont and above.

duckypaddler
07-30-2011, 05:07 PM
I looking to get out in the backcountry and would love some company:smile:

Feel free to e-mail or call
James Locke
865-742-2158
jtlocke@tds.net

ifish4wildtrout
07-30-2011, 05:26 PM
Starting Sunday August 14 through 19, I would be able to and would love to do a backpacking trip. 2-3 nights max.

I would really love to go to #39 at Pretty Hollow, but am not dead set on it. I have done Eagle and Hazel this year, I really would like to go anywhere other than either of them.

possessedcorvette at gmail dot com

tnflyfisher
07-30-2011, 07:54 PM
#39 sounds like a great idea to me. Palmer is supposed to be a nice creek as well and I've been wanting to get over and explore the East side for a while now.

I Fish, Ducky,
Will contact you about maybe setting something up... ;)

Tight Lines,

tnflyfisher
08-24-2011, 04:33 PM
Ok, this month's trip was a quick one but a good one and now looking forward to my next outing in the park. Made it up there the 13th & 14th for some good fishing and will be headed back for the Labor Day weekend. Anyone that has plans to fish the park or is looking to make plans, I am headed up Thursday the 1st. for 4 nights and 5 days with an open schedule! (helps to be single, I know ;)).

Tight Lines,

Fishstu
09-29-2011, 01:16 PM
Will be in Townsend next week and have some interest in making my way to Sam's Creek. I've tried several times (past few years we've camped 1 week in the Spring and 1 in the fall) but either started too late in the day and had some concern about seeing trail on way out, and the weather turned 'ugly' on one attempt. Have made it to the Thunderhead crossing, but stopped there to fish for just a few 'minutes', caught a few and, surprise, lost track of time and had to head back.

Anyway, I'm thinking about going to Sam's about mid-week next week - - no firm plans - - and may go solo but would welcome company if interested, especially if you're 'familiar' with the trail (but not a prerequisite). Would propose meeting at LRO and going from there, say, on Wed.

FishStu

ChemEAngler
10-04-2011, 01:03 PM
My wife just called me up and said that she and the kids have plans on Saturday, and that I could go fishing if I want to. Ummm, was there a need to ask.... :biggrin:

Looking to see if anybody out there is interested in meeting up. I don't have all day to fish, so I need to limit my hike in distance. Probably less than 2 miles one way, that way I can still have time to fish and get out at a decent hour. Maybe we could meet up at LRO in the morning and ride in together.

Anybody interested can email me at knxtravis80 at comcast dot net.

benintenn
10-13-2011, 01:57 PM
I'm gonna leave Chattanooga Sunday afternoon and head for the Smokies on a last minute backpacking/fishing trip. I wont get up there till late afternoon so I'll have to stay somewhere close. I'll prolly stay at #21 or #24 on Sunday night and then hike up to #30 for Monday night. Feel free to join me.

ifish4wildtrout
10-14-2011, 06:16 PM
Thinking about heading to Deep Creek Monday or Tuesday for a night or 2. I do not plan to hike very far, just to #60. I will likely day hike up farther to fish.

Not sure yet if I'm going, anyone else interested?

AJWard549
11-15-2011, 10:28 AM
plan to fish the park, haven't decided where, in the vicinity of townsend on thursday nov 17th if anyone happens to be interested

mattblick
02-27-2012, 12:32 PM
Backpacking and fishing this weekend, hiking in Friday evening, out on Monday. Let me know if anyone else is free..

tnflyfisher
02-27-2012, 12:54 PM
Where to? May be up on Sunday depending on how the weather looks. Would be just a quick trip to the TN side though more than likely...

Tight Lines,

mattblick
02-27-2012, 01:06 PM
Where to? May be up on Sunday depending on how the weather looks. Would be just a quick trip to the TN side though more than likely...

Tight Lines,

Right now I have reservations at "Bear Central" 4.5 miles up the Little River Trail. I am not set on that however if someone has another site in mind.

I could fish downstream on Sunday if that is too much of a hike for a day trip for you.

tnflyfisher
02-27-2012, 01:25 PM
Right now I have reservations at "Bear Central" 4.5 miles up the Little River Trail. I am not set on that however if someone has another site in mind.

I could fish downstream on Sunday if that is too much of a hike for a day trip for you.

Interested for sure... I really want to get up and fish LR especially with all these great reports coming in here lately. I have hiked in to Fish Camp Prong and back out in a day so that's not a problem... will keep you posted.

Tight Lines,

mattblick
02-27-2012, 03:03 PM
Interested for sure... I really want to get up and fish LR especially with all these great reports coming in here lately. I have hiked in to Fish Camp Prong and back out in a day so that's not a problem... will keep you posted.

Tight Lines,

Sounds good, will check this thread for updates. If it looks like you are going to make it, I can plan on staying pretty close to the camp until you make it up. We can pick a time to meet or I can leave an extra Fox whistle at the camp site - those are highly useful to hear over the river..

tnflyfisher
03-01-2012, 01:53 PM
Matt,

Shoot me an email and we can discuss some possible plans for Sunday...
tnflyfisher at yahoo

Tight Lines,

russ
03-15-2012, 08:39 AM
Who's fishing this Sunday?

ifish4wildtrout
03-22-2012, 05:00 PM
Thinking about backpacking Deep Creek next week, starting Tuesday 3/27 for a couple days and nights. I ain't planning to go far, I'm going to stay at #60. Always looking for company.

tnflyfisher
04-04-2012, 11:36 AM
There looks like some nice weather scheduled for the weekend. With the extra time off I was looking to get up there for a few days. Is the park going to be crazy busy for the Easter holiday? Anyone else plan on fishing instead of hunting for eggs?

Tight Lines,

ChemEAngler
04-04-2012, 12:28 PM
There looks like some nice weather scheduled for the weekend. With the extra time off I was looking to get up there for a few days. Is the park going to be crazy busy for the Easter holiday? Anyone else plan on fishing instead of hunting for eggs?

Tight Lines,

I really wanted to go to makeup for last weeks adventure. However, I think the crowds in combination with need for revenge with a gobbler will keep me away this weekend. Unless I kill that booger on Friday, then I may come up very very early Sat.

David Knapp
04-04-2012, 12:34 PM

Tight Lines,

There will be a lot of people up there...I speak from experience... :eek: I intend to probably try to fish somewhere locally here on the Plateau to avoid the crowds.

ifish4wildtrout
04-06-2012, 03:19 PM
I am thinking about going to #24 Tuesday 4/10/12, staying Tuesday and Wednesday nights. Anyone else going to be up there? I know it's notorious for bear activity and not really wanting to go solo and may not go if I can't find a partner, not sure yet.

mattblick
04-10-2012, 09:08 AM
I am thinking about going to #24 Tuesday 4/10/12, staying Tuesday and Wednesday nights. Anyone else going to be up there? I know it's notorious for bear activity and not really wanting to go solo and may not go if I can't find a partner, not sure yet.

I'm responsible for getting it closed late November; we had a youngin' come right up to our fire ring. We scared him off and he was back and too close and comfortable near us half an hour later. Hiked out a day early and reported young Yogi to the rangers.

I'll be down again this weekend, so I will miss the chance to join you unfortunately. I'm considering 21 instead of 24 as tnflyfisher (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/member.php?u=7212) and I had a lot of fun between husky branch falls and the big bridge.

Then again, I haven't been to Deep Creek in a long time, did you fish that recently @ 60 and how did you do?

Anyone fishing this weekend and want to join me? My father in law will be with me as well..

tnflyfisher
04-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Matt,

I may be up for another LR excursion this weekend...
I'll shoot you an email.

Tight Lines,

duckypaddler
04-13-2012, 04:15 PM
Anyone want to go chase some Brookies in the park with me on Sunday?Would love to have some company:smile:
Not set on a particular destination, yet have several in mind depending on how ambitious one may be.

Any takers?
James

wizard
04-13-2012, 04:28 PM
ducky,
I live here in townsend and fish the park fairly often since i moved here in november of 2010. i have not, as of yet, went up high after the brookies although i've said on many numerous occassions that i was going to do just that. i usually fish abrams, treemont, LR (all prongs), below elkmont, etc. so i don't usually venture too terribly far from townsend. i've been really wanting to go chase brookies but being a saltwater boy at hear who's still new in the mountains i haven't been the best at the tricky water, but i'm ALL FOR giving it a go! Let me know if you're up for it and where you'd like to go, feel free to call or text me at (865)242-1009 to discuss. that goes for anyone else who may want to buddy up sometime! i'm always looking for fishing buddies, in the salt we SELDOM fish alone! lol

tnflyfisher
04-14-2012, 06:17 PM
DP,

Sent you an email...

Tight Lines,

mattblick
04-16-2012, 11:09 AM
Man, I should have checked out this thread Sunday morning! Had I only known I could have tried to join tnflyflisher, ducky, and wizard.
Fishing on Noland wasn't great so I had decided try the TN side on the way home.

Unfortunately we doddled hiking out, ate a huge lunch -- by the time we got up to a certain parking lot it was packed, so we headed back down the gravel road to an open spot. Caught a few small bows in an hour of fishing before heading back to Ohio.

Next time guys!
-Matt-

Fishstu
05-08-2012, 11:38 AM
Unless circumstances change, I will be camping just outside GSMNP in Townsend for a few nights this weekend. Meeting at LRO before going into the Park would be no problem. No particular fishing destinations in mind at this time, but hoping to have enough time, and to cover enough ground, to get (at least take a shot at) a GSMNP 'slam.'

If you are interested in meeting at LRO Friday or Saturday AM to do some fishin' let me know.

FishStu

John Mathews
07-03-2012, 09:12 PM
I will be in the Sapphire Valley/Cashiers area during the week of Aug 3-10. Been doing some research and have narrowed down the areas I'd like to fish. Mostly the Tuck in the DH section and down stream of Dillsboro for Smallies. I may bring my canoe that has outrigger stabilizers so I can float those sections. Each section will be it's own trip.

I was in Cherokee a year or so ago and enjoyed their CR stream, Raven Fork. I may make a run at that too. Stuck a few trout there that took me to the backing.

If anyone has a similar interest and is going to be in the area and would like to join me, drop me a line. I'd also appreciate any input you may have about these sections of the Tuck or Raven Fork as I am mostly a Salt kinda guy..

Thanks so much,
John
atthenccoast@yahoo.com

Troutman
09-10-2012, 10:19 AM
Anyone ride dual sports and like to fish also? Looking for someone to ride and fish down off the forest service trails of tellico and citico creek areas. maybe some day trips to cataloochie.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/gltroutman/klrpicts010.jpg

Crockett
09-10-2012, 02:37 PM
Anyone ride dual sports and like to fish also? Looking for someone to ride and fish down off the forest service trails of tellico and citico creek areas. maybe some day trips to cataloochie.

I am pretty sure spotlight aka Kevin Guerra does both Dual Sport and trout fishing Troutman. He is out on some Dual Sport bike gathering in West TN I think right now.

Redfish62
09-10-2012, 05:45 PM
I dont dual ride but I have to admire your outfit I am sure it gits you to some great fishing locations.

spotlight
09-11-2012, 10:10 PM
**** yeah I'm game there is some good camping, fishing, and riding to be had in the Cherokee N.F. shoot me an e-mail with your phone number please....http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad342/spotlight722/IMGP0878.jpg

spotlight
09-11-2012, 10:15 PM

Yep I'm down and live in Maryville could meet you on 411 at Ballcamp, Hardees bring camping gear and make it a weekend...

Birdman
09-12-2012, 09:38 AM
I'll be in the backcountry on the NC side for the last week of this month. All my buddies are busy and can't get away for that week. Anyone interested in some good fishing in the back of beyond? PM or email me for more details if you're interested. dave_cooper2000 at yahoo dot com.

Thanks,

Birdman

BlueRaiderFan
01-11-2013, 11:36 PM
Hitting the middle prong tomorrow. Driving a blue toyota avalon with dents all over it...stop by and say hello.

Fishstu
04-26-2013, 09:56 AM
Yeah, I know, if the weather is good the GSMNP is likely to be a "mad house" but it will be my first chance to get to the Park to do some fishin'.

I would like to have the option of getting on somewhat "remote" water to avoid what may be some "large" crowds that Saturday or Sunday.

Let me know if you have an interest in doing so, and perhaps we can work out some arragnements to catch (or at least "chase") some trout together.

I'll be staying in Townsend, so, meeting at LRO as a jumping off point would be no problem.

Thanks - - and may the trout be plentiful, hungry, and non-fictional!

FishStu (a/k/a Mark)

ukfb1
05-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Going to be in Gatlinburg May 13 and 14 fishing in the AM while the better half sleeps. Got a couple ideas for a few hours fishing if anyone is interested in meeting up.

Kris
06-04-2013, 05:16 PM
Hey folks I am usually going every saturday and some sundays. I drive a blue saturn and usually on one of the prongs of the little river. So if you see my car feel free to stop by...

surfdog
06-04-2013, 07:37 PM
I'LL be staying in g-burg june 14-21, fishing in the am as the better half sleeps as ukfb1 has stated, driving silver/gold vw jetta wagon fla plates give me a wave or stop and say hello. appreciate all the advice i've been able to get from everyone on this forum also putting in some dusk times

Float On
06-25-2013, 10:46 PM
With all the posts about Greenbrier lately I decided I have to go up and check it out. I plan to go up Saturday (6/29). If anyone out there wants to go up, let me know. I've never fished this area so keep that in mind.

duckypaddler
06-26-2013, 08:07 AM
With all the posts about Greenbrier lately I decided I have to go up and check it out. I plan to go up Saturday (6/29). If anyone out there wants to go up, let me know. I've never fished this area so keep that in mind.

I can't fish Sat, but am going to try and get out on Sunday if your interested:smile:

Float On
06-26-2013, 10:31 AM
I can't fish Sat, but am going to try and get out on Sunday if your interested:smile:

I'll be in the park Saturday and Sunday most likely. If you go on Sunday let me know. I'll be going thru Townsend so we can meet at LRO or somewhere toward Gatlinburg.

duckypaddler
06-26-2013, 10:45 AM
I'll be in the park Saturday and Sunday most likely. If you go on Sunday let me know. I'll be going thru Townsend so we can meet at LRO or somewhere toward Gatlinburg.

If you want to go to Greenbrier it really doesn't make sense to meet at LRO. Drop me a line with your contact info and we'll see what we can work out:smile: j t locke at tds dot net

tigerts9
09-10-2013, 10:12 PM
I'll be in a cabin with the family this coming weekend, and I wouldn't mind hitting a river with someone for a couple/three hours. Early morning would be best.

I have a 9 1/2 month old, and I have been fishing twice in 9 1/2 months - my wife doesn't see the connection...

Either Saturday or Sunday morning would work for me. I think we'll be pretty close to Greenbrier and Cosby. Trone dot Sawyer at gmail.com if you are interested.

Just FYI, I wouldn't mind going with someone who knew more about fly fishing in the Smoky's than I do - that won't be tough. I've been 4 or 5 times, and I've caught more fish each time. Slow learning though.

buzzmcmanus
09-11-2013, 10:14 PM
I'll be in a cabin with the family this coming weekend, and I wouldn't mind hitting a river with someone for a couple/three hours. Early morning would be best.

I have a 9 1/2 month old, and I have been fishing twice in 9 1/2 months - my wife doesn't see the connection...

Either Saturday or Sunday morning would work for me. I think we'll be pretty close to Greenbrier and Cosby. Trone dot Sawyer at gmail.com if you are interested.

Just FYI, I wouldn't mind going with someone who knew more about fly fishing in the Smoky's than I do - that won't be tough. I've been 4 or 5 times, and I've caught more fish each time. Slow learning though.

I hope someone takes you up on the offer to fish. I would, but my wife has been out of town all week and my hunting season starts Monday. I've got to earn as many brownie points as possible over the weekend.

flyred06
09-12-2013, 10:00 PM
i may be up there sat morning and was planning on going over to greenbriar. please call me tommorow at 205-936-1642.

Mike

Sandman
09-22-2013, 04:38 PM
Anyone want to fish tomorrow (Monday 9-23)?

duckypaddler
03-18-2014, 09:31 PM
Wife decided to take kids to beach with her Mom last minute:biggrin:

Free Thur-Sun

Looking to do an overnighter Thursday night. Anyone interested?

Might hike from Newfound to Davenport if I don't get a response. I know it's last minute, but thought I would put it out there.

Kris
03-19-2014, 04:20 PM
This coming Saturday and/or Sunday I am planning on heading up and fishing between Metcalf Bottoms and Elkmont campground. If anyone wants to hook up let me know or stop by I am driving a blue Saturn with a Trout Sticker on the back of the trunk lid.

mattblick
04-03-2014, 04:07 PM
Will be at 23 Saturday afternoon and night if anyone wants to join me, I'm trying to talk TNFlyfisher into it as well. I'll be smoking cigars, drinking bourbon and fishing poorly.

- Matt -

duckypaddler
04-05-2014, 08:46 AM
Super short notice but if anyone want to fish today, I'm heading to LRO and then to the park. Probably get to LRO at 1030

Give me a shout if you want to join me eight 65 seven four too 21 58

Have to be back by 5 so it won't be a long day

gone_phishing
04-25-2014, 07:59 AM
Hey folks. I'm going to be heading to the park tomorrow. I was hoping to do a little gardening in the morning and hit the water from noon to 5-6 or so. I usually hit Tremont but want to hit some new water this weekend. I'm planning on looking through my copy of the Kirk book tonight for inspiration. Anyone thats interested give me a shout at 503-318-6465. Thanks!

Andrew

russ
05-03-2014, 02:43 PM
Anyone want a partner tomorrow ? Thinking Abrams, elkmont, teeming, even deep creeks an option

b_vanfossen
05-21-2014, 10:14 PM
If anyone wants to meet up and fish this weekend. I have a few spots in mind and always up to check out a new spot. In the park or out.
Give me a call 865-236-3220
Brian

Kris
05-30-2014, 04:57 PM
Anyone Interested in meeting up this weekend and doing some fishing/ hiking?

Kris
07-22-2014, 10:45 PM
Heading up to the Little River for some higher elevation fishing if anyone is interested in joining me.

mattblick
07-31-2014, 12:55 PM
I'm staying at #23 Friday and Saturday if anyone cares to join me.

gone_phishing
09-03-2014, 06:26 PM
77punk's thread got me inspired. Anybody interested in targeting some browns this weekend? I'm flexible--can fish Sat or Sunday. Let me know!

Andrew
503-318-6465