PDA

View Full Version : advice about lodging around greenbriar

flyred06
03-17-2011, 07:28 PM
Me and a fishing buddy are coming up in a couple weeks. We are driving up friday evening and just need a cheap place to stay the night and leave next morning. Does any one have any suggestions for around greenbriar area?

fishermen00
03-17-2011, 07:51 PM
I'd bring a tent and camp at Cosby.

flyred06
03-17-2011, 08:25 PM
I am not much on the camping way. I had much rather stay in a room with modern convience. But thank you for the reply and suggestions. I have never camped and if I did you would probably read about me in the paper. LOL

MC1
03-18-2011, 10:52 AM
Flyred,

I found a pretty good deal on a site called Vacation Rentals by Owner in that area. It will take a little research, but you might get lucky since I believe it's technically "off season." The family went during the summer last year and found the per-night price pretty reasonable. Just a thought and good luck!

Thanks,
MC

tlshealy
03-20-2011, 12:27 PM
Whenever I go by myself or take my brother just to fish, I stay at one of the cheap motels in downtown Gatlinburg, they have parking, walking distance to eats and drinks, and about ten minutes to the Greenbrier entrance.
Tad

Bran
03-21-2011, 11:04 AM
There are quite a few on 321N of G-Burg. I personally like to stay down closer to town but there are also a few cabins around Cosby for rent, and then there are a few places around Newport that wouldn't be too bad of a drive to Greenbriar considering you'd probably go early and return late.