PDA

View Full Version : Happy to join the fun

Don Kirk
03-21-2011, 11:57 AM
I am pleased to join the forum. I have fished park waters since the 1960s although now not so often as I once did. Some of you I may know, and others I hope to get to know soon.
Don Kirk
Montevallo, AL

Hugh Hartsell
03-21-2011, 12:32 PM
Don,
I saw your name the other day as a new member and I wanted to say hello, then. I did not see you on again until now and let me be the first to welcome you. I suspect that many people on here do not put the name with your past flyfishing and writing about the Smokies, as a few of us who have been around the block a time or two. Again, welcome and join in with the discussion. I'm sure many will want to call on your past expertise.
Hugh

gmreeves
03-21-2011, 01:48 PM
Welcome Don. I've enjoyed your books on fishing the park.

Rob Johnson
04-19-2011, 10:16 PM
;Your books have taken me to nearly every trout stream in the Smokies. Yes, all but Hesse creek drainage. If it is in your books I have fished it. Thanks for the ride. Rob Johnson

MadisonBoats
04-20-2011, 08:24 AM
I am pleased to join the forum. I have fished park waters since the 1960s although now not so often as I once did. Some of you I may know, and others I hope to get to know soon.
Don Kirk
Montevallo, AL

I am very excited to learn more about your experiences and your knowledge. We love swapping stories and sharing secret fly recipes as well...:biggrin:

04-20-2011, 10:44 PM
When I first started fishing the smokies your books were invaluable as a guide and I still refer to them. Looking forward to your new book. Looking forward to your new posts about fishing and park history.

Lee

Streamhound
04-21-2011, 10:08 AM
Wow I didn't realize you were that Don Kirk. As others have said I still value and use your books