PDA

View Full Version : a brown day

jross
03-24-2011, 09:59 PM
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll194/pikerhoss/0324011516.jpg

I went over to LRO and bought a few flys and some knick knacks that caught my eye. This week I had already fished Tremont, Elkmont, West Prong of LP, and Anthony. I hadn't fished roadside LR, so I thought today was as good as any.

I pulled off and right beside the car I caught this monster within a minute or so!!!! Something didn't feel right keeping a fish that big, so I quickly got a cell phone pic. I'd say this big momma was around 14-15".

As I moved upriver things kept going downhill; the temperature and the size of the fish.

It was a very strange day for me. I caught at least 10 fish yet only one rainbow!

I also let temptation get the best of me. I stopped at Metcalf on the way out and caught 1 more brown.

Got back to the place and cooked up some trout for me and my boys.

Crockett
03-24-2011, 10:04 PM
Nice brown jross how long are you down here for? How did you do at Anthony Creek? I took second half of the day off tomorrow and was thinking about fishing some streams I have never hit before up near Elkmont.

jross
03-25-2011, 12:03 AM
I like to fish Anthony because of the ease of it for my son. He caught quite a few.

I don't know how fishing will be tomorrow. It got pretty slow today. I don't think any fish today were on a dry.

I think tomorrow might be it for this vacation.....

flybum62
03-26-2011, 02:13 PM
Nice fish! I'll talk to you when you get back.