PDA

View Full Version : Clinch Wading this Weekend?

CinciVol
03-25-2011, 03:35 PM
I am thinking (hoping) to wet a line on the Clinch this weekend and I am planning on wading (hopefully not swimming). I really don't care that much if the fishing will be any good or if it is raining, I just feel the need to fish and the lower river is close to my home.

Looks like as of now TVA is planning to have zero generators from 2am-7am and then crank up 1 gen to 8am and then 2 gens from then on. Looking at my handy CRTU Clinch drawdown chart it looks like there should be low water at around 11am at the 61 bridge, coming back up around noon.

Is that hour of fishable time near the Church wishful thinking of do you think I have a window of oppurtunity?

I will certainly post a report on my findings, although I expect they will mostly entail meditations on watching unwadable high water (worse case) or lousy casting/knots (best case)...

duckypaddler
03-25-2011, 06:54 PM
I am thinking (hoping) to wet a line on the Clinch this weekend and I am planning on wading (hopefully not swimming). I really don't care that much if the fishing will be any good or if it is raining, I just feel the need to fish and the lower river is close to my home.

Looks like as of now TVA is planning to have zero generators from 2am-7am and then crank up 1 gen to 8am and then 2 gens from then on. Looking at my handy CRTU Clinch drawdown chart it looks like there should be low water at around 11am at the 61 bridge, coming back up around noon.

Is that hour of fishable time near the Church wishful thinking of do you think I have a window of oppurtunity?

I will certainly post a report on my findings, although I expect they will mostly entail meditations on watching unwadable high water (worse case) or lousy casting/knots (best case)...

Window looks too short for my taste, but you are welcome to borrow my canoe if you want to hit it at higher water:biggrin:

And yes you were right, after the kids were born it has been more yard art, then a boat,bt I'm still glad you sold it to me.

MadisonBoats
03-26-2011, 09:16 AM
I do not think you will get any time to wade this weekend. TVA is dropping it down to 1 generator for a few hours and then back to two generators. One-generator is too much to wade; unless you like swimming in waders. It will be a great opportunity to drift.

Has anyone caught/spotted any walleye at the weir dam lately?

CinciVol
03-28-2011, 07:46 AM
Well I did hit the Clinch at the Church on Saturday. I think they moved up the generation gap an hour because the water was relatively low when I arrived at 10:30am and there were a couple of guys out on the water. I managed one stocker brown trout on a zebra when the water came up promptly 15 minutes after I started fishing. Not a great outing but it was nice to get a few casts in ths weekend...

MadisonBoats
03-28-2011, 10:00 AM
Well I did hit the Clinch at the Church on Saturday. I think they moved up the generation gap an hour because the water was relatively low when I arrived at 10:30am and there were a couple of guys out on the water. I managed one stocker brown trout on a zebra when the water came up promptly 15 minutes after I started fishing. Not a great outing but it was nice to get a few casts in ths weekend...

That same situation has happened to me a few times. The water is actually down on the Melton Hill part of the river-due to the lower dams releasing; however, the tail-water is still running hard from Norris Dam Generation.:eek: