PDA

View Full Version : In need of HEAVY weight rod

FishNHunt
03-25-2011, 10:00 PM
I desided to give a tailwater a try for walleye this week and came to the conclusion that I am in need of a bigger rod. I was using conventional equipment and throwing an almost 5 inch plug when I had something follow my plug up to the boat. In the moon light I could see the silohette of the fish and as I turned the spot light on my first thought was "wow, I never knew muskie were in this lake" but, it wasn't a muskie. It was the biggest walleye that I've ever saw. I have 2 walleyes that my dad and I caught one day that measure over 33 inches and have a friend with a 16 lber mounted but, this fish dwarfed those. When he turned into the light his glowing eyes appeared to be over 4 inches between them. I quickly took a snap shot on my phone of the fish in the spot light but, without reference it's hard to tell just how monsterous this fish really is. I can't seem to get it on the net but, I have it none the less. I never got this fish or any other to take but, had multiple fish follow right to the boat. The fishing was WAY off because TVA had turned the water off. Every time I turned the spot light on I could see glowing eyes in the water. I would LOVE to land one of these monsters on a fly rod tossing a 6 inch streamer but, I believe I will surfice with simply trying to get them to bite a conventional lure first.

Corbo
03-27-2011, 09:17 AM
Hmmmm? I live in Seymour Too; would you like to borrow an eight weight? I think I have "another" extra with two lent out already.

Also have a brand new Orvis T-3 seven weight 4 piece still in the wrapper never scene daylight if you want to buy it.

FishNHunt
03-28-2011, 12:40 AM
How much for the TFO?

Corbo
03-28-2011, 07:38 AM
It's not a TFo.... It's Orvis T-3 (Trident three I believe) for a seven weight and it's still in the plastic wrapper with tube.... I've never even seen it!

I'd take 500; it is a four piece and likely retails for $700 or more.