PDA

View Full Version : SOHO Camping

pineman19
03-31-2011, 10:58 AM
Hello,

Plan on heading to SOHO next week for an annual trout fishing trip with my family. Thought about the Forest Service campgrounds, Jacobs Creek is the only one opened on the lake right now, Little Oak is closed. Checked out Cherokee Trails campground/cabins website, any one have any recent experiences staying at Cherokee Trail? If there are any other options near the SOHO I would appreciate any info you're willing to proved.

Thanks,

Neal

gmreeves
03-31-2011, 02:12 PM
I stayed at Cherokee Trails last fall for the first and only time and for the money the cabins can't be beat. I'll definately be going back in the future.

Wilson10
03-31-2011, 02:30 PM
I stayed at Cherokee Trails last fall for the first and only time and for the money the cabins can't be beat. I'll definately be going back in the future.

I'll second that. Cabins are basic, but very much worth the money and not too far from the river.

pineman19
04-01-2011, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the input fellas. I called and reserved a cabin for next weekend. Looking forward to getting back on the SOHO, haven't been since the middle of October when the sulphers were hatching big time.

Neal

olesmoke
04-02-2011, 08:41 PM
Wondering about the cabins myself.Do they have bathrooms in the cabin?Just wondering about other Family members that cant live under a rock like me.:smile:

Randy Ratliff
04-02-2011, 09:18 PM

olesmoke
04-02-2011, 09:53 PM
appreciate the post Randy..I have seen the website and even called to check on reservations.Just wanted a (have seen) reply about the conditions.Be safe

gmreeves
04-04-2011, 09:48 AM
The "cabins" are really one building with a dividing wall between them. Each cabin has a front door that shares a porch and a picnic table There is no running water inside the cabins but the restrooms are a short walk and well kept. I can't remember offhand but for $7 a person per night, it is a no brainer if you need a roof over your head. I found that the place was really nice, nice owner, and nice guests.

olesmoke
04-04-2011, 10:06 AM
appreciate the the post .....about what I expected.Sounds like something to check out when fishing up that way.Only get to see it from after dark evenings and before daylight in the morning :smile::smile: the rest of the time Im belly deep in some cold water..Thanks be safe

pineman19
04-04-2011, 01:49 PM
Fellas,

I'll give a report after our stay this weekend. Steve, the owner is very easy to do business with on the phone. We didn't care about amenities, since we'll be mainly using it for a sleeping area and maybe down a couple brewskies:biggrin:

Neal